• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phrog
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2005
    • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Plumbing Question

Several years ago I put tile on my bathroom floor. I removed the toilet at the time and when I replaced it, I installed a new wax ring. (I did it - which is probably the source of all problems.) Lately, when I flush it, it (Forgive the language but I can't think of an appropriate word.) "swallows" twice. Anyone have any ideas why this is happening and how to fix it? Thanks
    Richard
  • newbie2wood
    Established Member
    • Apr 2004
    • NJ, USA.

If you mean it is flushing twice, it is due to the tank internal. You need to adjust the tank water height.

Comment

• capncarl
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007
      • Leesburg Georgia USA
      • SawStop CTS

A lot of plumbing problems that are drain related are due to problems with the drain vent system. The vent line gets a build up of "crud" where it intersects with the drain pipe. This makes the drain gurgle and gasp as it goes down.

Comment

• phrog
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2005
        • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Newbie2wood and capncarl, thanks for your suggestions. Checking the water level did not help. I have no idea how to clear the vent line and probably don't have the tools anyway. Guess I'll have to call a plumber.
        Richard

Comment

• atgcpaul
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 2003
          • Maryland
          • Grizzly 1023SLX

I vaguely remember this homeowner on Ask TOH had the same issue as you. Richard shows how he clears it, but more than likely you'll have to get up on your roof.

Comment

Working...