• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thiggy
    Established Member
    • Sep 2003
    • Alabama.
    • Craftsman Contractor

If it were mine, I would turn off the breaker to the water heater, open both access panels and check the two heating elements with a continuity tester. That may show up an easy and inexpensive repair.
    SOW YOUR WILD OATS ON SATURDAY NIGHT - - - THEN ON SUNDAY PRAY FOR CROP FAILURE!

Comment

• Stytooner
      Roll Tide RIP Lee
      • Dec 2002
      • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
      • BT3100

I would agree if it is just a simple water heater. If it has a circuit board though, I would not chance it.
      Lee

Comment

• Stytooner
        Roll Tide RIP Lee
        • Dec 2002
        • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
        • BT3100

I am not real savvy when it comes to circuit boards and electronics.
        My typical procedure is replacement.
        The reason is I have tried before a few times to replace a defective part on a circuit board. One I recall was replaced easily enough. Then installed again and the very next part inline failed.
        No safeties involved, but in the end, much cheaper to either buy new, or in that case, get a new circuit board.
        Lee

Comment

• Ian57
          Forum Newbie
          • Sep 2012
          • Cocoa, Fl.
          • Delta 34-455 Contractors Saw

Originally posted by thiggy
          If it were mine, I would turn off the breaker to the water heater, open both access panels and check the two heating elements with a continuity tester. That may show up an easy and inexpensive repair.
          It did thanks

Comment

• Ian57
            Forum Newbie
            • Sep 2012
            • Cocoa, Fl.
            • Delta 34-455 Contractors Saw

Thanks You

Thanks I checked the elements neither were working. Should be able to replace myself.

Thanks again for all the help. Really appreciate it

Comment

• LCHIEN
              Internet Fact Checker
              • Dec 2002
              • Katy, TX, USA.
              • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by Stytooner
              I am not real savvy when it comes to circuit boards and electronics.
              My typical procedure is replacement.
              The reason is I have tried before a few times to replace a defective part on a circuit board. One I recall was replaced easily enough. Then installed again and the very next part inline failed.
              No safeties involved, but in the end, much cheaper to either buy new, or in that case, get a new circuit board.
              nine times out of ten the part that fails visually catastrophically on a circuit board is a symptom, not the cause. The exceptions are ruptured capacitors which you would have to know what they were.
              Loring in Katy, TX USA
              If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
              BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...