• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hellrazor
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2003
    • Abyss, PA
    • Ridgid R4512

You can do that but just remember your new tile job is only as good as the adhesive, etc you skimmed over.

If you use Armstrong VCT or was it the Henry Adhesive, the warranty states 80% of the old adhesive must be removed.

On another note. Do not use bottom of the barrel cheap adhesive. I spec'd Henry 430 Clearpro adhesive rated for up to 90% RH in the concrete slab for our project at work. You get what you pay for in adhesives too. That gives you a 10yr warranty on the adhesive. A lot of them are only 5 year.

Armstrong and Mannington are the only 2 tiles brands I am aware of that are same color chipped through the whole tile.

Comment

• Hellrazor
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2003
      • Abyss, PA
      • Ridgid R4512

Originally posted by phrog
      As Jethro Bodine would say, "Naught from naught is naught and carry a naught." 40000 x 0.7 and carry a naught and that equals a whole lot of money.
      Yeah but our floors won't look ugly after a few years. Floor prep makes or breaks a VCT project.

It was 110,000 clams for the whole project. Our big chief gave me 1 hour to do a rough estimate for the project size and price so we had a budget number to give our board of directors. My initial estimate was $700 off the winning bid number. Should have played the lottery...

Comment

• phrog
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2005
        • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Originally posted by Hellrazor
        My initial estimate was $700 off the winning bid number. Should have played the lottery...
        Sounds like a pretty good job on your part. Congrats!
        Richard

Comment

• Ed62
          The Full Monte
          • Oct 2006
          • NW Indiana
          • BT3K

I've been fighting a stiff neck for 6 weeks. Twice I thought I was about over it, only to awaken the next morning. But now I've about got it licked.

The oscillating tool did not work well for me. It would do the job, but it would take forever. As much as I didn't want to use a sander, I gave my belt sander a try. It probably went 20 times faster than the oscillating tool would take.

FWIW, what I thought was old mastic turned out to be a sealer that was just slopped on, with no thought about smoothing out lumps.

Thanks for all the replies.

Ed
          Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

Working...