• Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

My ongoing project...

Now I know this isn't woodworking related quite yet, that part is to come, but to show you what has been keeping me busy in my spare time...

As part of my home office remodeling and structured wiring project, I present to you, the current status of the network rack, and structured wiring...

From Top to bottom, left to right we have.

The relay rack itself is a Monoprice 7u stamped steel relay rack that came complete with a full set of screws at a reasonable price.
    The top 1u has a RackXcess 1u tray housing a 3TB external HDD, Zoom 5341J cable modem, and Buffalo AirStation High Power WZR-600DHP N600 router.
    Next U down is the TrendNET 8 port PS2 / USB KVM.
    Next U down is the soon to be replaced with a TrendNET 16 port gigabit switch. (I need more ports, upgrading to a 24 port).
    Next U down is air space to allow cable pass through from switch ot back of devices / rack.
    Next U down is the TrendNET 16 port category 6 patch panel.
    Next U down has another RackXcess 1u tray, this one housing 2 TrendNet 8 port gigabit switches, these are used for iSCSI SAN fabric switching, and then an Obi100 VoIP adapter.
    The last U is a CyberPower CPS1215RM rack mounted PDU that is cabled to a CyberPower CP585AVR UPS stashed out of sight below the desk.

In the near future, a mount board will be added above the rack, providing mounting space for a structured wiring telephony switch (6 port), and the DirecTV SWiM splitter and coax cables.

For now I have 3 more category 6 data cables to run, and then 5 category 5e cables for the telephone...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • os1kne
    • Jan 2003
    • Atlanta, GA
    • BT3100

Nice work! Very clean install.
    Bill

Comment

Working...