X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• capncarl
    replied
    As I have previously posted.

What is this snow stuff you speak of?

It only shows up down on this end of Georgia on Christmas cards.

I think that is a good thing.

capncarl.

Leave a comment:

• cabinetman
    replied
    Originally posted by steve-norrell
    Cut the grass . . . we still have at least a foot of snow on the ground!

Steve
    At least you don't have to cut the grass.

Leave a comment:

• BigguyZ
    replied
    Goodwill? Donate them to feel warm and fuzzy, and get a tax deduction to boot. Or maybe there's a local tech school that could use it for a small engine repair class? And again, probably get a tax deduction.

Leave a comment:

• steve-norrell
    replied
    Cut the grass . . . we still have at least a foot of snow on the ground!

Steve

Leave a comment:

• durango dude
    replied
    [img] http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ubian_goat.JPG [/img]

Features:
    - self-propelled
    - low fuel consumption
    - quiet (well - most of the time)

Grass trim height can get erratic in hot weather. Mows a little better in the shade.

Not all home owner associations allow this particular make/model.

Leave a comment:

• LCHIEN
    replied
    try http://www.freecycle.org/

Leave a comment:

• cabinetman
    replied
    Originally posted by chopnhack
    Why not CList it? Scrap yard for salvage? Small motor shop? Seems like some better options than letting the city collect it.
    That's a great idea. There's a bunch of lawn mower shops around here.

Leave a comment:

• JimD
    replied
    If you move them to the curb in my neighborhood somebody may pick them up before the trash man. There are people that know the pickup day and make a run through the neighborhood very early in the morning to get what they want.

I have a Toro and I like it. Mine is a pull start and it works fine. If it takes more than a couple pulls it is time to take out the air cleaner and tap it against something. I don't even change the oil - but maybe I will soon. I put sythentic in it. It just works.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• chopnhack
    replied
    Why not CList it? Scrap yard for salvage? Small motor shop? Seems like some better options than letting the city collect it.

Leave a comment:

• cabinetman
    started a topic I Expected Death

I Expected Death

I posted this thread last year (about my lawn mower that just wouldn't die). Well, it still hasn't. In fact I cut the grass last Friday, and it needs it again. It was very hard to start, but managed to keep running. I've got to give this lawn mower a medal of some sort. To think of what it has been through is incredible. I can't even remember if I ever changed the plug. I did do oil changes though.

So, LOML got on my case, and I broke down and ordered a Toro self propelled, electric start (Personal Pace model). It should be delivered (free shipping to the house), this week. So, I have to have some kind of ceremony when I remove two John Deere's from my shed, and put them out for bulk pick up. I intend to remove anything I think I will ever use off of them, like the wheels. Both motors work, but wife says we just don't have the room.

Working...