• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • guycox
    Established Member
    • Dec 2003
    • Romulak, VA, USA.

NuTone 3003 Intercom

We'v inherited a house that has a partially operational Intercom unit. The radio portion works but I'd really like to be able to get the intercom working.. I have the user's manual but am looking for the installer trouble shooting guide (I've found a couple of instances on line but all those sites want me to download their PDF eReader - do they think I just fell off the turnip truck? )..

I'd also like to know the series of accessories that willl work with this unit so I might be able to pick up some spares off eBay -- it should use the same components as the IM3303.. But some of NOS on eBay don't mention the compaitbility and even if they did, I'd like to be able to double check...
    Guy Cox

Life isn\'t like a box of chocolates...it\'s more like a jar of jalapenos.
    What you do today, might burn your butt tomorrow.
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

there is a nutone website. www.nutone.com
    you could try their customer service to ask questions but the also have alink to discontinued intercom stuff:

http://parts.broan-nutone.com/broan/...=0&PCR=1:20004
    with a separate 800 number and e-mail address listed. I assume you cold ask them questions whether or not you purchase their stuff.

My parents bought a new house in 1961 - It was part of a block of new homes built for a home show. It had a Nutone stereo intercom with walnut trim and fabric speaker grille cloths (no plastic bezels) with vacuum tube components and pull down phonograph player. It had a separate tuner for left and right channels - so you could select AM channel for one and FM for the other - that was before FM stereo multiplexing we use now. That thing was still working when they sold the house in 2002 or around then...

IT also had a multi-speed motor unit built flush into the kitchen counter - also Nutone. We had the attachments for mixer, blender and meat grinder, I don't recall what other appliances it could be with additional parts.
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 04-11-2012, 08:51 AM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...