• Show
Clear All
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

Originally posted by chopnhack
    Looks great Cman, that work really is an art onto itself. FYI, seal that after the surface is clean of sand. I got some sealer from a Paver Warehouse type place, around $85 and basically its acrylic dissolved in xylene, but it helps to lock the sand in the joints and prevents staining of the paver. The surface is easier to keep clean as well. Enjoy
    The contractor didn't suggest any sealing. If it's worthwhile to do it I'm surprised he didn't suggest it as it would have added to the cost. These pavers were down when we bought this home, and were likely down for the period the previous owner occupied (15 years or more), for a total of 27+ years, and they still look OK...no staining or discoloration. Here are random samples that haven't been cleaned.

Comment

• chopnhack
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 2006
      • Florida
      • Ryobi BT3100

I guess it depends on your usage. If you grill on them they are likely to get stained, if you have metal accessories outside they are likely to get rust on them, etc. The sealing also enhances the look, gives them an even sheen that makes them look new, if you look at you pic, you can see sheen differences. Each to their own though.
      I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

Working...