Hardi panel and trim to the shop AC rescue!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Hardi panel and trim to the shop AC rescue!

As I may have mentioned before, I installed my shop A/C ducting through the center post between my garage doors, unfortunately when I initially installed it, I found that the Masonite that was there was almost completely rotted away. Well tonight came the completion of installing, caulking, and sealing my up siding and garage door trim again. (Had to pull the trim to get the siding out blah blah blah...). I have also taken the opportunity to replace the ugly 1980s carriage lamp with a Texas Lone Star themed bubble /art glass and wrought iron carriage lamp. It is now in primer and waiting for the final coat of paint, which unfortunately will have to wait, it's dark out now, not to mention late, and this weekend is pretty much a goner...

I did get the garage door seals back in, and all the duct work for the A/C installed. I used 2 5" dryer vent ducts, and I had to rig a lever setup to open and hold open the intake duct. Done, and it doesn't look bad at all... I have an abundance of artificial ivy in a flower pot concealing the intake, the exhaust just looks like a vent, no problem... I fired up the A/C tonight, and wound up cooling the shop down from a hair over 90, to 75 (and the A/C cutting out as it hit its thermostat setting) in a matter of about 20 minutes or so... I still have wall insulation, wiring, and sheet rock work to go in there, and like I said, final paint on the outside, to go, but I am really making headway here. It is now comfortable to work in there! Woo Hoo!
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
Working...