• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chopnhack
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2006
    • Florida
    • Ryobi BT3100

That's awesome Lee! Does it get caught up on those pesky springs? As I manually lug totes up and down each christmas, the springs on my unit seem to be the thing that catches me. Some of the tupperware is ~21" across! I may have to look into your idea as well Thanks for sharing.
    I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• leehljp
      Just me
      • Dec 2002
      • Tunica, MS
      • BT3000/3100

Originally posted by chopnhack
      That's awesome Lee! Does it get caught up on those pesky springs? As I manually lug totes up and down each christmas, the springs on my unit seem to be the thing that catches me. Some of the tupperware is ~21" across! I may have to look into your idea as well Thanks for sharing.
      IF you look at the way that I have the hooks, you can see that they are on the inside. Initially, I had the hooks bolted to the outside of the arms. They did catch on the mechanism the first couple of times I tried it. Then I moved the hooks to the inside. Because I have the hoist over the far end from the springs, it misses the springs, but does touch the long hinge mechanism on the end if I am not careful.

However, there is a clearance of a full inch on both sides. IF I watch it, and I do, it is not a problem. I just have to control any tendency to swing or turn. That is not a major problem and not even a minor problem most of the time. Just technique.
      Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• RAV2
        Established Member
        • Aug 2007
        • Massachusetts

Hoist is now on sale for $100:

Control cable is 5'? I think the manual shows it to be a 4 wire cable. I'd want to be about 15' so I could raise the load from the house.

Any thoughts on extending the cable?

Comment

• leehljp
          Just me
          • Dec 2002
          • Tunica, MS
          • BT3000/3100

Originally posted by RAV2
          Hoist is now on sale for $100:

Control cable is 5'? I think the manual shows it to be a 4 wire cable. I'd want to be about 15' so I could raise the load from the house.

Any thoughts on extending the cable?
          Yes, the control cable is only about 5 ft. I had thought about making it longer at first but I decided not to mess with it for now.

It is ideal for the attic but I can't see what else it could be used for without a longer or about 15 ft control.
          Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• chopnhack
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 2006
            • Florida
            • Ryobi BT3100

I need smaller tupperware apparently, lol.
            I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

Working...