• Show
Clear All
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

Originally posted by ragswl4
    Two 24 ft aluminum extension ladders with bullhorns and them little thingys that you put on them to make scaffolding. Reason: Got it all on craigslist for a song.

Yeah, scaffolding. I use two 6' wood step ladders to set up for scaffolding. I do have 3 complete sections of "put-together" steel scaffolding (5x5x5) with both snap in wheels or pods, but it's a real PITA using them. The two ladders work much easier.

I also have a 5' wood step ladder to use when necessary. I've also got an 8' fiberglass step ladder that's real sturdy and the treads are wider than the wood ones. I've got a HD special 16' aluminum extension ladder, that is a little rickety. It doesn't seem to be too secure. It's got the bent tabs that guide the channel, with some slop. Maybe Santa will leave me a 24' fiberglass extension in my stocking.

Comment

• dlminehart
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 2003
      • San Jose, CA, USA.

I have a 6' fiberglass step ladder purchased on sale that I used most of the time outdoors and in the ceilingless garage until I got one of the aluminum little giant knockoffs that Costco was selling for $99. I now use it for most of the outdoor stuff, because its weight hassles are outweighed by its strength, reach, and capabilities. Indoors, I use the 2-step folding ladders with the handhold at top. Can't believe I used to bring the fiberglass step ladder in for that!
      - David

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” -- Oscar Wilde

Comment

Working...