• Show
Clear All
  • shoottx
    Veteran Member
    • May 2008
    • Plano, Texas
    • BT3000

Originally posted by ssmith1627
    Thanks guys. I appreciate that. It's easy to make it look good from 100 feet away. Plenty of flaws if you get up close. But I'm happy with how it turned out. After this rain passes, I'll get the caulking and painting done.

Steve
    No one cares as much about the flaws as you do!

Great work, and I am sure it was a great learning experience. The shed sure turned out nice.
    Often in error - Never in doubt

Mike

Comment

• ssmith1627
      • Dec 2005
      • Corryton, TN, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by footprintsinconc
      looks great! the colors are nice. so are you going to dress up around the bottom?

man, i looked at all 9 pictures in the link, even the house, looks like they are lower on the right side (tilted towards the right side) .
      Omar, are you getting my separate emails ? I sent some pics to ya but wasn't sure if they got through or not.

Tilted right ? I thought that was some kind of political comment at first but now I see what you mean ! haha I promise the whole thing doesn't lean. I think the doors would slam shut if it did ! So I guess I'm just a poor photographer or my right leg is shorter than the other ! lol

Steve

Comment

• ssmith1627
        • Dec 2005
        • Corryton, TN, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3100

Thanks for the feedback guys. That gives me a lot to digest. I think I can picture what to do to get some protection for just above the doors. I'll see if I can put something together there.

Steve

Comment

• pelligrini
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2007
          • Fort Worth, TX
          • Craftsman 21829

That profile that Larry pointed to would probably be the easiest. I think I'll use it too, I forgot about that stuff.

I've also seen that shape used on door sills, especially on outswinging ones. We've got a couple attached to the doors here at the office. I think I saw something like it at Home Depot when I was picking out a sweep for another project recently.
          Erik

Comment

• ssmith1627
            • Dec 2005
            • Corryton, TN, USA.
            • Ryobi BT3100

If we could just build 4 or 5 sheds, it'd be great. Build a few and tear them down. By the time you get to the final one, you'll know what you're doing ! haha

This board is great. You get to hear people solve problems in different ways or even hear different people say the same thing in a different way. Eventually it sinks in and makes sense and fits in with the products I see out there in the stores or in a book or on a website or show. I don't have anyone teaching me carpentry just like I don't have anyone teaching me woodworking or how to maintain a pool. But I've learned plenty from the resources that are available to me and this is a very good one.

Steve

Comment

• Pappy
              The Full Monte
              • Dec 2002
              • San Marcos, TX, USA.
              • BT3000 (x2)

Good looking shed, Steve.

The OSB paneling is nice to work with. I used it on the gables when I built the new Playpen roof. The decorative look of siding or T-111, preprimed, with the strength of the OSB.
              Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
              Fools because they have to say something.
              Plato

Comment

• goslin23
                Established Member
                • Feb 2007
                • Richmond, TX
                • Rigid TS3650

The shed looks great! I'm thinking of building one myself and wasn't sure which way to go, plan or kit. Having never really done much carpentry work since high school 25 years ago, I think the kit would be perfect after seeing yours.

Can anyone send me a link so I can get an idea of pricing for these pre-cut kits?

-=gos=-
                If it ain't one thing... It's 12 @#$%ing things!

Comment

• ssmith1627
                  • Dec 2005
                  • Corryton, TN, USA.
                  • Ryobi BT3100

Gos, see my private message. Hopefully the link will work for ya.

Steve

Comment

Working...