Advise on choosing an insulation contractor?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaveS
    • May 2003
    • Minneapolis,MN

Advise on choosing an insulation contractor?

I am in process of getting quotes for blown in insulation.

Aside from getting it deep enough, to a uniform depth, and making sure the soffit vent trays get inserted correctly.... is there anything else that makes for a "good" insulation job?

Any thoughts on cellulose vs. blown fiberglass? Any opinions on which is better?

I have fiberglass up there now - can I put cellulose over the top of it?

Has anyone here ever done their own insulation?
  • jking
    • May 2003
    • Des Moines, IA.
    • BT3100

There's no reason you can't put blown-in over fiberglass batts. I can't think of anything else to look for. Maybe ask about clean up. If the access to the attic is through the house, I would want to know if they are going to clean up most of the mess when they are finished.

Comment

• jAngiel
      • Oct 2003
      • Ryobi BT3100

I did my own in the addition that we did a few years ago. There's not too much to it but it's definitely at least a two man job. Dusty to so wear long sleeves, long pants and a mask or respirator.

Around here most places will give you to blower for free to use if you purchase at least ten "bales" of insulation.
      James

Comment

• messmaker
        Veteran Member
        • May 2004
        • RICHMOND, KY, USA.
        • Ridgid 2424

Mke sure you remember the job at tax time. It will help you get a nice tax credit that will help offset the cost. It must be done in 07 as it stands now.
        spellling champion Lexington region 1982

Comment

Working...