• Show
Clear All
  • twistsol
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
    • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Proudest Dad alive

We finished moving the girls, 12, 12 and 14 to the basement Saturday and went to church Saturday night.

Sunday, the girls tore out all the baseboard, crown molding, window trim, door trim, removed all the carpeting and carpet padding and pulled up all the tack strips demolished and removed the bathroom cabinets and we still had time for a fine meal (in a restaurant of course) and a trip to the bookstore.

Today, they tore down the sheetrock and tile from two bathrooms, three bedrooms, five closets, and a hallway and filled a 15 cubic yard dumpster.

Seeing the dumpster full and my girls covered in sheetrock dust head to toe brought a tear to my eye.
    Chr's
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2004
    • Milwaukee, WI
    • BT3K

Your daughters are learning a valuable sweat equity lesson! Sounds like they're gonna get an A+, in fact.

Comment

• SARGE..g-47

Evening Twistsol...

Sounds as if you might have a few candidates for architechural engineers or either demolision experts. Either way... good to see the family rally for a united cause and have a little fun at the same time.

Regards to you and yours...

Comment

• lcm1947
        Veteran Member
        • Sep 2004
        • Austin, Texas
        • BT 3100-1

Yes I can imagine that did your heart good to see you loving daughters work like that. A good lesson for them and it'll stay with them too. You raise them right and it'll show down the road. How was that good cold beer while you supervised by the way.
        May you die and go to heaven before the Devil knows you're dead. My Best, Mac

Comment

• lrogers
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • Mobile, AL. USA.
          • BT3000

Send your girls to me and I'll see that they get a good education in roofing and painting!
          Larry R. Rogers
          The Samurai Wood Butcher
          http://splash54.multiply.com
          http://community.webshots.com/user/splash54

Comment

• cwsmith
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2005
            • NY Southern Tier, USA.
            • BT3100-1

Hmmmm, you didn't mention if you actually wanted to do that or whether they were getting revenge for moving them to the basement!

Maybe that tear was the side product of how in the world are you going to put all that back together!!

Just joking of course, glad to hear that you have a first class crew who knows the value of teamwork. Good show and I'm happy that they are both ambitious and skilled. Great reasons to be very proud of them.

CWS
            Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• twistsol
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2002
              • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
              • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Oh yeah ... putting it all back together.

It's going to be their bedrooms and bath so they're properly motivated. I just hope I can teach them as well as my dad taught me.
              Chr's

Comment

Working...