• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slik Geek
    • Dec 2006
    • Lake County, Illinois
    • Ryobi BT-3000

Originally posted by Cheeky
    I should've warned you about the brief instructions.... For the 6", I basically had to take a little from each of the instructions...but it was frustrating to say the least.
    The 6" port is obscenely low...
    In reality, it's best to hook up the electrical before you fit the fan (I learned that the hard way too...
    Glad to hear you had the same struggles. Since all of the folks posting on the Panasonic fan didn't mention this stuff, I thought that maybe I was just a complete klutz and really brain dead. I must say, however, that the advice would have been more helpful BEFORE hand!!

I do appreciate all of the great tips and recommendations.

get a minimum 20" zip tie. Loop it around starting at the bottom, and then zip it on top.
    Good advice. I think I have a handful of those in my shop...

...my knuckles and wrists hurt for about a week after...
    My back is killing me, my legs are sore from contortions in the attic. Took longer than it should. Had to deal with EMT conduit that wouldn't line up with the new fan. It actually went pretty well - I was able to handle all contingencies without a trip to the hardware store, and only had to go down for one tool.

Comment

• Garasaki
      • Sep 2006

Well, have you showered with it yet?!?!

I'm curious to see the diff it made. I broached the subject of a fan upgrade with my wife and she seemed rather receptive to it, so hopefully I'll be doing this before too long.
      -John

"Look, I can't surrender without orders. I mean they emphasized that to me particularly. I don't know exactly why. The guy said "Blake, never surrender without checking"
      -Henry Blake

Comment

• Slik Geek
        • Dec 2006
        • Lake County, Illinois
        • Ryobi BT-3000

Originally posted by Garasaki
        Well, have you showered with it yet?!?! I'm curious to see the diff it made.
        Feedback from LOML is that in spite of the excessive use of hot water by my two teenage sons this morning, the mirror barely fogged up with the new exhaust fan. Previously, my wife says that "the whole room fogged up". Initial feedback, in other words, is very favorable.

Comment

• gabedad
          Established Member
          • May 2005
          • Chelmsford, MA.
          • unfortunately bts-15

You're welcome - glad to hear it worked for you

Comment

Working...