X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HarmsWay
    • Nov 2003
    • Victoria, BC
    • BT3000

I just having a tough time getting past the part where they wouldn't take your beer. I think I would have been right behind Pappy, but I guess you were there because of your wife. Ouch. Very rude of them. I hope you left a stinking pile of nappies in the loo.

Comment

• smc331
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2003
      • Charlotte, NC, USA.
      • BT3100

Just remember:

The "Upper Crust" is largely made up of CRUMBS!

My beer would have left with me as well! (Hoegaarden is good stuff!)
      Scott

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -- Frank Zappa

http://macbournes.com

Comment

• TheRic
        • Jun 2004
        • West Central Ohio
        • bt3100

Knowing me, I would have made wise-a$$ comment about not taking the beer. Ate their food, drink their booze, comment negatively about the closet, then grabbed MY beer on the way out. Just because he was being a snob to start with!!

I don't care for those type of people. Been around them too much, I like knocking them down a notch or two. One of those right back in your face attitudes.

I'll be civil once, twice, three times (four if they are lucky) give them a benefit of a doubt. After that it's open season!!!

Oh about the California closet, never saw one. But they do sound like JUNK!
        Ric

Plan for the worst, hope for the best!

Comment

• drumpriest
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2004
          • Pittsburgh, Pa, USA.
          • Powermatic PM 2000

I would have also found it difficult to refrain from commenting. With furniture art making a rise in popularity, I think this will get better over time, but certainly people don't know what makes a quality piece anymore. I take it as my personal mission to inform all that I know, but there is only so much that you can do.

I hold my standards higher than most people, even for "high quality" pieces. For instance, the figured maple of which Jim spoke. Those little touches make it a craftsman piece rather than a good quality store bought.

Sorry for your bbq experience, sounds painfully not fun.
          Keith Z. Leonard
          Go Steelers!

Comment

Working...