woodworking clubs?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BobSch
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2004
    • 4385
    • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
    • BT3100

    #16
    quote:Originally posted by AAJIII

    I for one would like to get together with my fellow woodworkers. In fact I would gladly volunteer my shop in Little Falls, NJ for he meetings.[8D]

    AL
    NJ? Darn. Now if you had been talking about Little Falls, MN...
    Bob

    Bad decisions make good stories.

    Comment

    • brumere
      Forum Newbie
      • Dec 2003
      • 54
      • Thousand Oaks, CA, USA.
      • 1968 Rockwell 12/14 Tilting arbor saw

      #17
      I belong to a local woodworking club ( http://www.cvwa.org/) and I definitely would recomend joining a club based on my experiences. The dues are $25/year but I get much more than that back through discounts at local retailers. I learn quite a bit from the presentations that I see each week but mostly, I get to met other woodworkers in the area. Some of these guys are quite experienced and can be helpful when you've got a problem you need to solve.
      Deep in the Darkside

      Comment

      • AAJIII
        Established Member
        • Jan 2003
        • 306
        • WANAQUE, NJ, USA.
        • Steel City 10" table saw

        #18
        Ok you guys/gals, lets pick a date to meet at my shop in Little Falls for the first unofficial meeting of the wood butchers.
        AL JEWELL

        Comment

        • rbfunk
          Established Member
          • Dec 2003
          • 400
          • Garfield, NJ, USA.

          #19
          How about this Sat since the zealots picnic is the following one?
          Oh what a tangled web we weave, when we are all hopped up on caffine.

          Comment

          • AAJIII
            Established Member
            • Jan 2003
            • 306
            • WANAQUE, NJ, USA.
            • Steel City 10" table saw

            #20
            Sure, it sounds good to me, I'll be there from about 10am on.
            AL JEWELL

            Comment

            • vaking
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2005
              • 1428
              • Montclair, NJ, USA.
              • Ryobi BT3100-1

              #21
              Saturday is good but I will need the address of your shop at Little Falls.
              Thanks,
              Alex V

              Comment

              • tmaceroli
                Established Member
                • Mar 2004
                • 133
                • Forked River, New Jersey, USA.
                • Ryobi BT3100

                #22
                Did I miss the festivities? I've been to Whitehall Street, although that was the last stop in my "military" career. Benefit of a higher than necessary lottery number, for those of you who remember. Right now I happen to work on Whitehall Street, about 1/2 block away. Sort of a full-circle thing... Anyway, you need me for four-part harmony.

                Tony
                Tony

                "Nothing would be done at all if a man waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault with it."
                - Cardinal Newman

                Comment

                • gjsgjsgjs
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Feb 2004
                  • 26
                  • Minneapolis, MN, USA.

                  #23
                  Officer O'Malley here. You need to go down that hill and pick up all that trash

                  Yes, my fingerprints are on file with the FBI in Washington

                  Comment

                  • tribalwind
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2004
                    • 847
                    • long island, ny.

                    #24
                    my club is fantastic
                    lot of great workshops,great people, experts in many fields and skillsets. and a half decent website to boot hehe i think we have like 300 members!!

                    www.liwoodworkers.org
                    also a member of www.liwoodturners.org maybe 50 members,real amazing turners!
                    namaste, matthew http://www.tribalwind.com

                    Comment

                    Working...