X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dlminehart
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2003
    • San Jose, CA, USA.

Mike, for the Herc-u-lift Plus with BT3100, you use the 28x28 values.
    - David

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” -- Oscar Wilde

Comment

• woodyork
      Forum Newbie
      • Jan 2005
      • Payson, AZ.

I used the 29 X 29" dimensions and it works OK. Comparing the two it seems to me that there might be some advantages of using the 28 X 28 as david suggests. Slightly smaller under the saw. Be sure to leave everthing loose till you have it all assembled.

Woody
      Too soon old,
      too late smart

Comment

• Mike P. Wagner
        Forum Newbie
        • Mar 2005
        • Raleigh, NC, USA.

Thanks for the info - I will used 28 x 28.

Mike

Comment

• Bollox
          Established Member
          • Nov 2003
          • Indianapolis, IN, USA.

quote:Originally posted by eshrum

quote:
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally posted by WoodRook

Is there a difference between the Herc-u-Lift & the HL-Plus? What's the best for the BT3100? Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I remember reading here somewhere that the Herc-u-lift plus is the right one. Don't ask me to remember why!

JR

I purchased one some time back, and just descovered that is not the Plus version. Can I make it fit, or should I just throw it out?
          -Ed
          I bought the standard version a few months ago when they were clearing them out at HD. I made it work by fabricating some longer tubes from a piece of 1/2" tube, it was reasonably easy, and I was surprised at how well the thing works. Its way better than the Rockler mobile base I have under my bandsaw.

Mike

Comment

• WoodRook
            Established Member
            • Feb 2005
            • Endicott, NY, USA.

I checked 2 BORGs here in NY. Neither stock the Herc-u-lift Plus units anymore. One said they could order it, the much closer one said no. Is there a 2nd favorite mobile base people like for the BT3100?
            WoodRook

Comment

• WoodRook
              Established Member
              • Feb 2005
              • Endicott, NY, USA.

Talked to the special order desk at my local BORG. No dice on the HL+. It doesn't show up with a SKU at all so they claim they can't order them any longer. Didn't sell enough so they closed them out last December. They told me to try Ridgidparts.com myself to place an order. Have a roadtrip planned with a buddy next week to go down to York, PA to check out Wilke & Woodcraft so maybe I'll see what they have to offer. Any suggestions? Thanks.
              WoodRook

Comment

• Mike P. Wagner
                Forum Newbie
                • Mar 2005
                • Raleigh, NC, USA.

Still on the shelf here in Raleigh, North Carolina. That would be a bit of a driver from Endicott...

Comment

Working...