• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oface
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2005
    • Whidbey Island, Wa

rigid herc-u-lift ?

WTH? Having issues with getting this thing together.

I can't even get the first nut in , I dont have any 1/2 sockets that would taper down to where I can fit it in through the **** hole on the bottom.

Man , I have never had any issue with putting things together, much less when I have the instructions with me. heh,,

Anyone who has any experience with this and putting it together , please by all means , chime in .

Thanks,,,

chris
  • dlminehart
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2003
    • San Jose, CA, USA.

Chris, I put together the Herc-u-lift Plus, or whatever they call the generic version that'll work with the BT3100. It was a real chore, taking me about 3-1/2 hours. However, your cry of frustration isn't really specific enough to elicit much concrete help, only commiseration. I didn't have any socket problems that I recall, from this 12-month remove, and I'm not sure about which bottom you're referring to.
    - David

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” -- Oscar Wilde

Comment

• oface
      Forum Newbie
      • Feb 2005
      • Whidbey Island, Wa

Well , I was having a bit of a problem, I guess I was nuking it . The original problem I was having was that I didn't look too good at the diagram at first .

What I had done was put the 23" post on backwards, after that it came together pretty well. I called it a night after I got it all assembled.

I see that the only issue will be getting alinged and put it on the saw, mainly time consuming.

Thanks though ,, heh,,

chris

Comment

• woodyork
        Forum Newbie
        • Jan 2005
        • Payson, AZ.

Hi Chris

There is some more info on this topic that may be useful to you in this thread.

http://www.bt3central.com/forum/topi...TOPIC_ID=17665

This is the first time I've tried to copy a link into a message and It doesn't look like it should to me.

The thread is called Wheels and its in the BT3 topic.

The instructions for assembly are a real challenge. But I do like the final results.

Woody
        Too soon old,
        too late smart

Comment

• woodyork
          Forum Newbie
          • Jan 2005
          • Payson, AZ.

The link above works fine. I expected it to turn blue (as hot links do on my browser) when I pasted it in and it didn't but after I submitted it it did. I checked it and it works. Good, It's not 8:00 yet and I've already learned something today!

Woody
          Too soon old,
          too late smart

Comment

• oface
            Forum Newbie
            • Feb 2005
            • Whidbey Island, Wa

thanks for the link woody ,, I have it completed , but i am gonna drill the holes for the support braces .

thanks

chris

Comment

• woodyork
              Forum Newbie
              • Jan 2005
              • Payson, AZ.

Chris,
              I think it's probably a good idea to put in a support brace but if you put it higher up it will still be in the way of the herculift controls. I'm thinking of putting an aluminum brace right above the floor level. There are already holes in the legs there - What do you think?

Woody
              Too soon old,
              too late smart

Comment

• WoodRook
                Established Member
                • Feb 2005
                • Endicott, NY, USA.

Is there a difference between the Herc-u-Lift & the HL-Plus? What's the best for the BT3100? Thanks.
                WoodRook

Comment

• JR
                  The Full Monte
                  • Feb 2004
                  • Eugene, OR
                  • BT3000

quote:Originally posted by WoodRook

Is there a difference between the Herc-u-Lift & the HL-Plus? What's the best for the BT3100? Thanks.
                  I remember reading here somewhere that the Herc-u-lift plus is the right one. Don't ask me to remember why!

JR
                  JR

Comment

• dlminehart
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 2003
                    • San Jose, CA, USA.

There is a difference, and the Plus is what works for the BT3100. Why? I forget, but got the Plus and it worked.
                    - David

Comment

• oface
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Feb 2005
                      • Whidbey Island, Wa

Hey David,

Do you( or anyone else?) happen to have any pics of the herc-u-lift completed and installed?

I am wanting to figure out the heaight of the holes and the appropriate clearence so that it sits level when I lower it .

Woody, I am gonna try and keep the support brace where it is at. Hvae you had a problem with it being in the way? If so , I will modify it .

When I am done , I will post pics of everything completed .

Later all,,

chris

Comment

• eshrum
                        Forum Newbie
                        • Jan 2004
                        • Red Bank, NJ, USA.

quote:
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally posted by WoodRook

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I remember reading here somewhere that the Herc-u-lift plus is the right one. Don't ask me to remember why!

JR

I purchased one some time back, and just descovered that is not the Plus version. Can I make it fit, or should I just throw it out?
                        -Ed

Comment

• dlminehart
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 2003
                          • San Jose, CA, USA.

I believe the regular version works with a limited number of Ridgid tools, while the Plus is more configurable. The regular might work with some other tools besides Ridgid, even if not with BT3.
                          - David

Comment

• WoodRook
                            Established Member
                            • Feb 2005
                            • Endicott, NY, USA.

quote:Originally posted by eshrum
                            I purchased one some time back, and just descovered that is not the Plus version. Can I make it fit, or should I just throw it out?
                            -Ed
                            I don't know if it will work or not but don't chuck it out. You could either sell it or build a cabinet for it. Or try returning it to HD (they might take it back if it's unopened even if you're beyond the 30 days).
                            WoodRook

Comment

• Mike P. Wagner
                              Forum Newbie
                              • Mar 2005
                              • Raleigh, NC, USA.

Have the people who built it used the "29 x 29" or the "30 x 30" values from the size chart in the back of the book?

Thanks,

Mike

Comment

Working...