I'm currently using an old household vacuum cleaner to collect dust from the BT3 via the exhaust port (duct tape usage #5379
) and was curious to know if using a shop vac would work any better?
I've looked at the cost of shop vacs and reasonable ones seem to retail for $60-90 at the BORG but will I see any improvement?
I know everyone will say that HF has DC systems for about $150-200 but that's way more than I can justify since I barely qualify as a weekend woodworker[:I]
I tried to assess their performance by comparing CFM values for DC systems but none of the shop vacs list that info.
Can anyone give me some guidance? I should also point out that I only use the BT3, a router and an orbital sander and will never own a jointer or planer - so I don't make too much dust.
Thanks.
PS. If it will be better, any recommendations on the one to get in that price range?
) and was curious to know if using a shop vac would work any better?I've looked at the cost of shop vacs and reasonable ones seem to retail for $60-90 at the BORG but will I see any improvement?
I know everyone will say that HF has DC systems for about $150-200 but that's way more than I can justify since I barely qualify as a weekend woodworker[:I]
I tried to assess their performance by comparing CFM values for DC systems but none of the shop vacs list that info.
Can anyone give me some guidance? I should also point out that I only use the BT3, a router and an orbital sander and will never own a jointer or planer - so I don't make too much dust.
Thanks.
PS. If it will be better, any recommendations on the one to get in that price range?

LCHIEN
Loring in Katy, TX USA
So I guess that it probably isn't spraying the finer stuff back out and into the shop.
Comment