• Show
Clear All
  • jtcary
    Forum Newbie
    • Nov 2004
    • Camarillo, CA, USA.

Zero Clearance Throat Plates

Hi Everybody,

I just received my accessory kit after a three month wait (that's a long story, but if any of you haven't gotten it after three weeks call Ryobi customer service!). I now have the Ryobi ZCTPs as well as some from T-nuts and had some questions about them. First of all are the Ryobi ones any good? I thought I've read some where that people have had problems with them? I was also wondering if you can use these with the blade at any angle other than 90 degrees and if you can use them with dado blades. As always thanks for your help!

Joey
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

If you haven't already, read the FAQ or "Frequently asked questions". you can find a permanent link to them in the 1st post under "getting started" topics section:
    http://www.bt3central.com/forum/topi...TOPIC_ID=12490

It's searchable; search for ZCTP
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Lefty
      • Sep 2003
      • Sioux Falls, SD, USA.

The Ryobi ones are good enough to get by with. If you do much with your saw, you'll want to make your own. The Ryobi ones are too thin and flexible to work very well. They'll give you inconsistent cut depth on dado cuts.

You can set them up for angled cuts, but it'll make an opening in the ZCTP that won't match that of the 90-degree angle, so you'll have to set up a new plate.

I'd spend a day making throat plates if I were you. I find it easiest to do it on the router table myself.
      Eric

-Supplier of quality sawdust to southeast South Dakota!

Comment

Working...