X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nyoung
    Handtools only
    • Dec 2013

21829 - display model

I bought a 21829 for $199 but it is missing the sliding miter table. The craftsman part is ~$240 so I'm looking at other options. It seems that the Ryobi brand is the same but much less expensive, so I'm wondering if it would fit my saw..?.

Could it be that any accessories made for the BT3X00 series are compatible with the 21829?

I did notice that the router assembly table is only ~$75 and has a miter channel so I'm thinking I could buy another of those and add a kreg or other miter guage. Thoughts?

The saw will be used immedaitely for T&G pine- ceiling and floors, and bathroom cabinets...

Thanks in advance!
    THis site is awesome and I'm thinking I may have lucked up on a nice saw and a decent price...
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

using a router table for its miter slots is a bad idea. THe miter slots were intended for use with a mounted router. The table is not alignable witht he saw blade so it would work very poorly for a saw guide.

The BT3000 and BT3100 SMT will fit the Sears saw just fine. YOu can often pick them up for 25-30 bucks, but with a miter fence would probably add another 10-15 bucks.

Have you tried calling sears and saying that your saw came missing the Sliding miter table and see what they'll do for you? Sometimes a little persistence will pay off.

here's an ebay SMT with the fence:
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• DannyT
      Forum Newbie
      • Sep 2012
      • Groveport, OH

sliding miter table

I don't know where you are located but this has been on my local craigslist for a few months now.

Comment

Working...