Clear All
  • Ruben
    Forum Newbie
    • Nov 2013
    • Middletown NY
    • Ryobi

Hi everybody!

Hi to all!
    Let me introduce myself, my name is Ruben and i am the proud owner of a new to me BT3000!
    I got it last week off of Craigslist from a guy who use it a couple times in some home projects, so it's not abused at all, it's in really nice condition.
    This is my second saw, my first one was an old craftsman contractor from the 50's, a real pain to work with in terms of precision, if you are familiar with those old craftsman fences you guys know what i'm talking about...
    Glad to be part of this forum!
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

Welcome Ruben! Speaking of the old craftsman of the 50's, I know exactly what you mean. I used one that I bought off of a fellow in Japan in the early-90s. I made a few things with it but it was a pain with the fence. Then I bought a BT3000 here (USA) in 2000 and carried it back to Japan with me and used it there for 10 years. Back home now and the saw is back here with me. I have it mounted on a Bosch Gravity-Rise table saw stand.

Welcome to BT3Central. Lots of experience here with the BT3000 and 3100 also.
    Last edited by leehljp; 12-01-2013, 08:48 PM.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• Ruben
      Forum Newbie
      • Nov 2013
      • Middletown NY
      • Ryobi

Originally posted by leehljp
      Welcome Ruben! Speaking of the old craftsman of the 50's, I know exactly what you mean. I used one that I bought off of a fellow in Japan in the early-90s. I made a few things with it but it was a pain with the fence. Then I bought a BT3000 here (USA) in 2000 and carried it back to Japan with me and used it there for 10 years. Back home now and the saw is back here with me. I have it mounted on a Bosch Gravity-Rise table saw stand.

Welcome to BT3Central. Lots of experience here with the BT3000 and 3100 also.
      Thank you!
      I hope to learn a lot here from people with more experience.
      I got the saw like a week ago and i'm already in love with it! after fighting my old craftsman for 5 years, this is a piece of cake!
      You're very loyal to your Ryobi, but i understand completely, i'm already thinking about buying another one just in case this one stop working.

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

Here's a welcome message for new BT3 owners:

Welcome [New BT3000, BT3100, or other BT3 derived saw owner], Congratulations on the acquisition of your BT3100 Table Saw and welcome to the "family".
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Ruben
          Forum Newbie
          • Nov 2013
          • Middletown NY
          • Ryobi

Originally posted by LCHIEN
          Here's a welcome message for new BT3 owners:

http://www.bt3central.com/showthread.php?t=58492

Thank you for the link. good info

Comment

• leehljp
            Just me
            • Dec 2002
            • Tunica, MS
            • BT3000/3100

Originally posted by Ruben
            . . . i'm already thinking about buying another one just in case this one stop working.
            I didn't mention that I also have a 3100. I used the 3000 when I lived in Japan and had the 3100 for when I came home once a year for 3 to 4 weeks. I used the one back here for small repairs on my house and my daughter's home also.

That said, several people have backup parts and even backup saws. I have a third backup motor (older 13 amp) that was actually in a junk pile at a carpenters shop in Japan. Brought it home with me.
            Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• Ruben
              Forum Newbie
              • Nov 2013
              • Middletown NY
              • Ryobi

Originally posted by leehljp
              I didn't mention that I also have a 3100. I used the 3000 when I lived in Japan and had the 3100 for when I came home once a year for 3 to 4 weeks. I used the one back here for small repairs on my house and my daughter's home also.

That said, several people have backup parts and even backup saws. I have a third backup motor (older 13 amp) that was actually in a junk pile at a carpenters shop in Japan. Brought it home with me.
              I guess I'm not the only one afraid of not being able to find replacements parts if the saw stop working.
              Last edited by Ruben; 12-02-2013, 08:49 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• lrr
                Established Member
                • Apr 2006
                • Fort Collins, Colorado
                • Ryobi BT-3100

Ruben,

I think you will be amazed at the capability of the BT3X00 saws. I have a BT3100, and it has served me well for some very complex projects. I always figured I would upgrade to a big cabinet saw, to get a bigger table, and a more powerful motor. I'm not sure I need to anymore.

I just put Forrest blade on it, and it cuts thru thick oak without any hesitation. There are plenty of decent saw blades out there, but I've heard about Forrest for many years, so I decided it was time to try one.

Enjoy your new toy!
                Lee

Comment

• Ruben
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Nov 2013
                  • Middletown NY
                  • Ryobi

Originally posted by lrr
                  Ruben,

I think you will be amazed at the capability of the BT3X00 saws. I have a BT3100, and it has served me well for some very complex projects. I always figured I would upgrade to a big cabinet saw, to get a bigger table, and a more powerful motor. I'm not sure I need to anymore.

I just put Forrest blade on it, and it cuts thru thick oak without any hesitation. There are plenty of decent saw blades out there, but I've heard about Forrest for many years, so I decided it was time to try one.

Enjoy your new toy!
                  thank you Lee,
                  yes, i'm already enjoying how precise it is. On my old saw, just making a dado with the regular blade and multiple cuts it was a nightmare, always lack of precision, i think due to some arbor play, and not being true. my only complain is the small table surface, but i'm already looking for extra rails to fix that.
                  I'm using the blade I had on the old one, 40T diablo, but it's not 10", just 8 1/4", but the one it came with the saw, the Ryobi one, it's completely dull.
                  I'm already shopping for a nice blade for Christmas

Comment

• Ruben
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Nov 2013
                    • Middletown NY
                    • Ryobi

First project with the little Ryobi. A cabinet for the stand
                    i'm already loving this saw!
                    The idea is not mine, i just copy it. It just need handles and some stain and it will be done
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (77).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	348.6 KB
ID:	786674

Name:	photo (78).JPG
Size:	343.3 KB
ID:	786675

Comment

• LCHIEN
                      Internet Fact Checker
                      • Dec 2002
                      • Katy, TX, USA.
                      • BT3000 vintage 1999

cool! Great little project
                      Loring in Katy, TX USA
                      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.

Comment

• Ruben
                        Forum Newbie
                        • Nov 2013
                        • Middletown NY
                        • Ryobi

cool! Great little project
                        thank you!
                        Cabinet is done, it looks nice in place.

Name:	photo (79).JPG
Size:	449.1 KB
ID:	786676

Comment

• LCHIEN
                          Internet Fact Checker
                          • Dec 2002
                          • Katy, TX, USA.
                          • BT3000 vintage 1999

Not many other brands of saw you can do that to.

Now, did you leave a way to get the dust out of the saw cabinet? A clean saw is a happy saw ( and I mean that for maintenance and keeping the mechanisms working well).
                          Loring in Katy, TX USA

Comment

• Ruben
                            Forum Newbie
                            • Nov 2013
                            • Middletown NY
                            • Ryobi

Not many other brands of saw you can do that to.

Now, did you leave a way to get the dust out of the saw cabinet? A clean saw is a happy saw ( and I mean that for maintenance and keeping the mechanisms working well).
                            I think i got that covered

Name:	photo (80).JPG
Size:	437.8 KB
ID:	786677

Comment

• Lonnie in Orlando
                              • May 2003
                              • Orlando, FL, USA.
                              • BT3000

Welcome to the forum, Ruben -

I really like your cabinet. I've had my BT3000 for over fifteen years and have kept putting off doing something similar. Maybe you have given me the push that I needed to make it happen.

Enjoy your new saw,

- Lonnie
                              OLD STUFF ... houses, furniture, cars, wine ... I love it all

Comment

Working...