• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill in Buena Park
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2007
    • Buena Park, CA
    • CM 21829

Beaux, it works great. I made mine a single runner version, and it always gives me a square crosscut. I did the extension table to the left as well, and it provides excellent support to longer pieces when I don't want to fire up the RAS or drag out the CMS for them. Dados great too - but I didn't plan on a ZC insert for the fence, so I added the ability to use sacrificial ZC plates to the fence.
    Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• toolguy1000
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2009
      • westchester cnty, ny

Originally posted by BeauxTi
      I allowed unsecured view - got the pictures- that Niki is amazing - that sled has got to be perfect. Simple but inventive - I looked at some of his other works - very cool. I think I need to pick up a couple of the plastic triangles - guessing a drafting supply or maybe office Depot. I am going to spend some time going over his posts - although the the idea of an adjustable Kerf slot would allow for the Dado. Start simple right ;-)

yes, niki was amazing. he posted his ideas to several forums and about the only thing i've never heard any disagreement on was how amazing and inventive niki was. he is sorely missed.
      there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

• BeauxTi
        Established Member
        • Jan 2012
        • Georgetown Texas
        • Ryobi BT300

Bill in Buena Park

can you post any photos?
        Beaux Ti -

If you see a Bomb Tech running, follow him....

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2007
          • Buena Park, CA
          • CM 21829

Beaux - photos enclosed as requested. See the inside edge of the fence for the ZC plate of hardboard, which I can swap out for dados.
          Attached Files
          Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• BeauxTi
            Established Member
            • Jan 2012
            • Georgetown Texas
            • Ryobi BT300

Pretty **** cool - looks like you have used it too. Did you build the jigs to attach to it too! Not sure my skills are up to it yet - I think I will try a simple one first and see how it goes. On thing I did find - There is a Habitat Restore in town - it is a great place for wood source - there are a lot of cabinet doors of pretty good plywood stock - some are finished but I can get around that - this stuff is pennies on the dollar. Will use if for my first sled - Thanks for posting ;-)
            Beaux Ti -

If you see a Bomb Tech running, follow him....

Comment

Working...