• Show
Clear All
  • pelligrini
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • Fort Worth, TX
    • Craftsman 21829

Blade Sharpening - Fort Worth

Has anyone used these guys http://www.industrialsawandgrinding.com/ ?

They used to have a whole lot of listings on craigslist. I have several blades I want done and their prices aren't too bad. I think I'll send my 30T WWII back to Forrest though. I'm not sure if I want to trust anyone else with it.
    Erik
  • Jim0424
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2003
    • Dallas, Texas, USA.
    • Two BT3Ks.

Hi Erik... I've been wondering the same thing. I think I'm going to see how they do on my OEM blade. I'll let you know. jim.
    My ex-: "No one will ever notice that."
    I will.

Comment

• pelligrini
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2007
      • Fort Worth, TX
      • Craftsman 21829

Cool, looking forward to hearing about it.
      Erik

Comment

• Coolmeadow Creations
        Forum Newbie
        • Sep 2006
        • Fort Worth area

There are a couple places on the west side, one near 183 just south of I30. When I contacted them, seems like they only grind to 300 grit IIRC. There is a place on Vickery close to Hulen that Woodcraft recommended. I went by there with 2 blades and couldn't get out of the parking area fast enough. Never did stop and go in. That place was just a little scary looking! I did recently send my Systimatic 60 tooth triple chip laminate blade to Cooks sharpening in New Braunfels. They are a Freud certified resharpener, and you can get your first blade sharpened free, and free return postage. See here: http://www.cookssharpening.com/id10.html They did a very good job. But shipping could get out of hand unless you send several at one time, or get together with several friends and send several. There is a flat rate box that will hold close to 10 blades if packed with cardboard between. Fewer if in holders. I'll be interested to see how the local place stacks up too! Jim.

Comment

• capncarl
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2007
          • Leesburg Georgia USA
          • SawStop CTS

Has anyone tried to sharpen their own blades. I have been eyeing the tool on line, I think that it is mfg by Chicago elec. for about $89., It may be harbor freight, cant remember.

capncarl

Comment

Working...