• Show
Clear All
  • pegleg1az
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2009
    • Southern Arizona

Question about Ridgid BS14002?

I am new to your forum.

I bought a Ridgid BS14002 the other day and by the time I got it home, the table insert for the blade was gone... I was wondering if there is an aftermarket company (ROCKLER, Ect) that sells them... I was the ones on Rockler as zero clearance inserts for Jet, and Delta. Are they inerchangable with Ridgid?

I am also looking for Cool blocks that will work on it..

Any help for me?

Don D.
  • Red88chevy
    Established Member
    • Sep 2004
    • Midland, Texas.

Don,

I believe the inserts Rockler has for the Jet or imported 14" will work with the Ridgid, but I haven't tried them. I have a BS1400 and got cool blocks for it at Woodcraft. The BS I bought has some vibration problems as many of the Ridgid did some years ago, not sure if they have gotten better at that. I used a link belt which helped but didn't completely take care of the problem.

Good Luck,
    Doug

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

If I recall, the Ridgid BS1400 has pretty much the same table as the Central Machinery 32206 / 32208, a model or two from Delta and Jet etc... These 14" cast iron bandsaws are all more or less identical in the frame, and table. It's the tack on stuff that makes them different...

So yes, the Import 14" plate should fit...

AFAIK, you can get a proper OEM replacement from Ridgid. Call them at 1-800-4-RIDGID and see what they can do for you...
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• pegleg1az
        Forum Newbie
        • Jan 2009
        • Southern Arizona

I measured the hole and the overall is 2 1/2" and the inside recess inside measurement is 2 1/4".

The cooling blocks are 1/2" sq.

I called some suppliers and had them scratching there heads a bit because it was a ridgid,,

I Think a Delta with a 2 3/16 inside hole will work. Jet has a 1 3/4 inside..

The cooling block: I guess Delta has a tapered block to allow for the table to tip, while the others use universal 1/2" blocks.

Unless I have it backwards from what they were telling me.

Let me know if I am wrong.

The pre owner had put the link belt on already and the Urethane tires, mounted a 3/4 ply between the base and the saw. I removed the rubber bushings from under the motor. It runs fairly smooth, but I will check the wheels for balance. I will mount it to a 3/4 ply base with casters to be able to move it around. that may even smooth it out more.

I just need the inserts, Cool blocks, and blades. then time to work it...

Don D.

Comment

• dbhost
          Slow and steady
          • Apr 2008
          • League City, Texas
          • Ryobi BT3100

Don,

I see you posted on Ridgidforum.com as well. That is a good source of information on their equipment... I didn't think the insert hole was any different size... Go figure...

Ask the folks over there and I am pretty sure you will get a good answer...

Call Ridgid and see if you can get that insert from them... I am pretty sure it will be cheap...

Be careful with those Ridgid 14" band saws... They are known to have vibration problems... Which is one of the reasons I bought a Central Machinery bandsaw...
          Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• pegleg1az
            Forum Newbie
            • Jan 2009
            • Southern Arizona

I have received more response from this site and wood whisperers forum. Nothing from RIDGID at all. Maybe they do not want to recommend anything to aftermarket.

I did call them at Ridgid and they told me they are parts only sold through them. That already told me I will not be doing much business with them unless it is a main part....

Thanks for responding.
            Don D.

Comment

• ironhat
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 2004
              • Chambersburg, PA (South-central).
              • Ridgid 3650 (can I still play here?)

First of all, Don, welcome aboard!! As far as balancing the wheels goes, my top one was horribly off. I resolved it by removing material but now wish that I had added weight on the opposite side instead. That was what completely cured my vibration issue. Ironically, just today I broke the insert on my table, too. Did you check HD to see if they have them in stock? I'd call but the liklihood of coming in contact with someone who knows anything at this particular store isn't too likely.
              Blessings,
              Chiz

Comment

• pegleg1az
                Forum Newbie
                • Jan 2009
                • Southern Arizona

Ironhat

I went to our HD, and they do not have much replacement parts at all. They gave me a number to call for their local repair guy and he was of no help also..

I called the WW supply companies and go a lot of help with them, and we decided that DELTA should be a mach by the dimensions listed and the ones I gave off the saw. I ordered the zero clearance inserts, cool blocks, and 4 different sizes of blades along with other things "WANTED, not needed " from ROCKLER the other night, and received a 25. gift card for over 100.00... New catalog specal.

I will let you all know when they come in if the do or do not fit right... Same with the cool blocks....
                Last edited by pegleg1az; 01-25-2009, 08:24 PM.

Comment

• pegleg1az
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Jan 2009
                  • Southern Arizona

Ironhat

I received my supplies reom Rockler today and the Zero clearance inserts worked verry well. I just had to notch out a little on the under side in one spot. Fit like a dream useing the Delta insert, and same for the cool blocks as Jet.

I even balanced out both wheels by drilling them out while I had the old dull blade off. The top wheel took 6 holes 1/4 in size. The bottom only needed 2 holes.

Don D.

Comment

• ironhat
                    Veteran Member
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by pegleg1az
                    Ironhat

I received my supplies reom Rockler today and the Zero clearance inserts worked verry well. I just had to notch out a little on the under side in one spot. Fit like a dream useing the Delta insert, and same for the cool blocks as Jet.

I even balanced out both wheels by drilling them out while I had the old dull blade off. The top wheel took 6 holes 1/4 in size. The bottom only needed 2 holes.

Don D.
                    Did you see much improvement after balancing the wheels? ALso, let me know what part number was the correct one at Rockler. I'll have to order them and most likely the s/h will be more than the price of the item. Glad to hear that you got something to work for you.
                    Blessings,
                    Chiz

Comment

• pegleg1az
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Jan 2009
                      • Southern Arizona

I was looking, I guess you can not do PM's on this site.

Here is the part # for the zero clearance inserts. #25655 for 5 discs @ 9.99 (delta)

Don D.

Comment

• Red88chevy
                        Established Member
                        • Sep 2004
                        • Midland, Texas.

Ironhat,

What is the advantage of adding weight instead of drilling holes? Haven't done either yet but need to.

Comment

• ironhat
                          Veteran Member
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by pegleg1az
                          I was looking, I guess you can not do PM's on this site.

Here is the part # for the zero clearance inserts. #25655 for 5 discs @ 9.99 (delta)

Don D.
                          Hey Don, if you left click on the person's name you will see a selection for PM. Thanks for the post about those inserts. Mine is more screwed up than I thought.

Originally posted by Red88chevy
                          Ironhat,

What is the advantage of adding weight instead of drilling holes? Haven't done either yet but need to.
                          The way it was explained to me, Red, is that by drilling I have weakened the web and that those wheels are under a lot of tension. It's been about 1.5 years and no trouble yet but I'd like the saw to last a long time. I too had to drill a lot of holes in the top wheel (only two on the bottom one) but I spread them out so that they weren't producing a weak point - at least that's what I thought.
                          Blessings,
                          Chiz

Comment

• pegleg1az
                            Forum Newbie
                            • Jan 2009
                            • Southern Arizona

The only thing I can see is that when I have the tracking in the center on the top wheel the bottom when is off towards the front a little like it needs a washer in the back side of the wheel. I took it off and could not see a way to add a washer.

I will take another look and see how much it is off. I did put a straight edge from top to bottom on the wheels and if I remember right the bottom did need to come out a little after the blade was centered on the top wheel / tire. I may be able to add a large fender washer drilled out or a regular large washer, then remove the key and grind it down if needed.

Did you have any of these problems on your saw?

Don D.

Comment

• ironhat
                              Veteran Member
                              • Aug 2004

PM sent, Don.

Check it again, Don. It should be there now.
                              Last edited by ironhat; 01-28-2009, 08:44 AM.
                              Blessings,
                              Chiz

Comment

Working...