• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kevincan
    Established Member
    • Oct 2006
    • Central Illinois
    • Craftsman 21829

I have the Craftsman 21829 and have been very happy with it. The folding stand works really well if you need to put it away to make space. I leave mine set up most of the time but I love it when I need to have the space to do other projects.

If you do not have a Craftsman club card now I would sign up and get one. They always seem to have some type of sale on the 21829.

Kevin

Comment

• LinuxRandal
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2005
      • Independence, MO, USA.
      • bt3100

Originally posted by kevincan
      I have the Craftsman 21829 and have been very happy with it. The folding stand works really well if you need to put it away to make space. I leave mine set up most of the time but I love it when I need to have the space to do other projects.

If you do not have a Craftsman club card now I would sign up and get one. They always seem to have some type of sale on the 21829.

Kevin

Headed into work right now, but found it is in January 4th-10 CC days sale.
      She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• rroselavy
        Handtools only
        • Jan 2009

I am in the same predicament as the OP.

I read several reviews on the Sears site stating that there was an alignment problem with the motor. One reviewer actually drilled some holes in his 21829 to access the alignment screws.

Is this a prevalent problem with the 21829?

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2007
          • Buena Park, CA
          • CM 21829

Originally posted by rroselavy
          I am in the same predicament as the OP.

I read several reviews on the Sears site stating that there was an alignment problem with the motor. One reviewer actually drilled some holes in his 21829 to access the alignment screws.

Is this a prevalent problem with the 21829?
          Alignment of the motor to what? This is a belt-driven saw, so the only critical motor alignment would be for the belt pulleys.

I bought my 21829 just over two years ago, and it has performed flawlessly. As with each saw, you need to understand its features, and how to operate it for maximum performance and precision, both of which you can achieve with the 21829.

I have not found another saw with the same combination of mobility AND features offered by the 21829. Most mobile saws don't offer the rail-length/table width capability or router table capability. I haven't yet found another mobile saw that I would take over my 21829.
          Bill in Buena Park

Comment

Working...