• Show
Clear All
  • ragswl4
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Winchester, Ca
    • C-Man 22114

Originally posted by Stan
    In Montana.... 'toe out' means ya done did wore a big ol' hole in one of yer boots.
    LMAO, best explanation so far! Started my day off right.
    RAGS
    Raggy and Me in San Felipe
    sigpic

Comment

• ragswl4
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007
      • Winchester, Ca
      • C-Man 22114

Originally posted by p8ntblr
      22114 but am replacing stock fence with a biesemeyer.
      I have the same saw with the stock fence, sets up parallel with no problems cutting. With the Bies I wouldn't fiddle with anything but parallel.
      RAGS
      Raggy and Me in San Felipe
      sigpic

Comment

• JSUPreston
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2005
        • Montgomery, AL.
        • Delta 36-979 w/Biesemyere fence kit making it a 36-982. Previous saw was BT3100-1.

Originally posted by Stan
        In Montana.... 'toe out' means ya done did wore a big ol' hole in one of yer boots.
        In Alabama, that means that you done got to hot in the bed at night and are trying to cool off. When you get cooled off or too cold, ya pull your "toe in."

Boy, I'm being a smart *@# this morning.
        "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear."- Norm (from Cheers)

Eat beef-because the west wasn't won on salad.

Comment

• Stytooner
          Roll Tide RIP Lee
          • Dec 2002
          • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
          • BT3100

Since only some guys use a micrometer or dial indicator to set the fence, the minute numbers really mean very little to the rest of the crowd.
          In reality, perfectly parallel is really difficult to acheive. That is however what you are striving for. Since the difference between parallel and toe in can be so small, toe out is the way to set the fence, but only enough to let you know for certain that it isn't toe in. The dollar bill thickness sounds about right.
          If you are using a dial indicator, then perfectly parallel is what to shoot for.
          Lee

Comment

Working...