X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mojo_13
    Forum Newbie
    • Mar 2007

I'm not trying to make an argument so please don't take it like that but when you spill something on the kitchen floor it doesn't gel up and harden like glue does. I'm not trying to step on any toes just telling you what i learned and what we use.

Also when the grain in that section raises and then you sand it when it dries to the rest of the section that wasn't hit with the water you raised the grain in one part but not in the other so when you hit it with the sander you are flattening it down but not the other so if any other part has moisture put to in the form of humidity or any other type of water it will be a bit higher...this may come in to effect alot more in a water based finish which will raise the grain.

But like i said just tryin to pass on the knowledge that I'm getting not saying it is the best way. I would also like to see a comparrison.

Comment

• Alex Franke
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2007
      • Chapel Hill, NC
      • Ryobi BT3100

I use painter's tape, too, if I want a clean joint. Then I carefully run a scraper along the joint to pick up anything the tape might have missed, then wipe the rest clean with a damp sponge. If I forget to these things, then I go at it with a chisel as soon as I remember

If I don't care about how the joint looks, I'll usually just wipe it down a bit with a sponge. I have had some problems in the past with stain not getting in as well where I wiped the glue off -- usually when I wasn't being too careful about the clean-up, though.
      online at http://www.theFrankes.com
      while ( !( succeed = try() ) ) ;
      "Life is short, Art long, Occasion sudden and dangerous, Experience deceitful, and Judgment difficult." -Hippocrates

Comment

Working...