X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scott213
    Forum Newbie
    • Oct 2006

Table saw for $129

I went to HD yesterday and in the tool dept. I saw a table saw for $129 it included a sliding miter. Looked a lot like the bt3100 so I asked if this was the price for the floor model and the employee there said it was for the new ones in the box. But they are a week out. He also said that the ones they get may be a different model #. I mentioned that I had heard there was supposed to be a 3200 and he said that would probably be it. He also said that was a real good price which I concurred and had the money right there to purchase that deal but have to wait till the new ones come in. Anybody know what saw I was looking at?
  • p8ntblr
    • Jan 2007
    • So Cal
    • Craftsman 22114

If it's the same one I saw it was the BTS15. Like the pic below. It's not a huge discount though, as they were listed at $167 before. But it's still a discount
    Attached Files
    Last edited by p8ntblr; 02-06-2007, 10:31 AM.
    -Paul

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by p8ntblr
      If it's the same one I saw it was the BTS15. Like the pic below
      yes, probably the BTS15. Not in the same class as the BT3000/3100
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• scott213
        Forum Newbie
        • Oct 2006

That appears to be the one I saw. It was pretty beat up though (broken fence broken miter and other parts).

Comment

• p8ntblr
          • Jan 2007
          • So Cal
          • Craftsman 22114

The HD in Carson, CA has one New in box.
          -Paul

Comment

• LowerUnit
            Forum Newbie
            • Dec 2006
            • Glendale, Az

The BTS15 was the first table saw I bought. It was on sale for $129 and I thought it was a good deal. When I got home I researched it and found it didn't have near the accessories or options available as the BT3000 or 3100 saws and therefore wouldn't be well suited for my purposes. I never got it out of the box and returned it. Thankfully this board has given me a lot of great insight for making better purchasing decisions.

Comment

• LCHIEN
              Internet Fact Checker
              • Dec 2002
              • Katy, TX, USA.
              • BT3000 vintage 1999

anybody with woodworking ambitions big enuf to frequent this forum would probably find this unit unsatisfactory.
              Loring in Katy, TX USA
              If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
              BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...