X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PALefty
    Established Member
    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by JimD
    I would plan on edging the front edge of the plywood. You need to anyway to hide the plys and it will also help to hide gaps in your joints (if you have any).
    Yes, I will be edging it. I was initially planning on trying the iron on veneer edging.. but I since changed my mind and was going to do 1/2" solid stock. I went to check out the stock today.. and was disappointed. The color looks a lot different than the ply and I think it will stand out too much. What are others experience with this? Is it because I was looking at the BORG? Should I find a better quality place?

Comment

• siliconbauhaus
      • Dec 2006
      • hagerstown, md

Must be a language difference as to what a butt hinge is called over here but I was thinking something like these
      http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...DADBDB&filter=

if you want to go the euro hinge route I'd call up rockler or whoever and ask for some dimensions before building.
      パトリック
      daiku woodworking
      ^deshi^
      neoshed

Comment

• PALefty
        Established Member
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by PALefty
        I went to check out the stock today.. and was disappointed. The color looks a lot different than the ply and I think it will stand out too much. What are others experience with this? Is it because I was looking at the BORG? Should I find a better quality place?
        Any thoughts on this? If the solid stock is much different in color from the veneer plywood.. would it be noticeably different when finished? I would like the edging to blend as much as possible.

Comment

• PALefty
          Established Member
          • Feb 2006

finishing

ok, I am still working on this project.. and have a number of things to do yet, but I am starting to think about the finishing process so I can get things ordered that I need. I am trying to match my existing maple furniture as close as possible. It shouldn't be too hard, since the veneered furniture has many different shades in it to begin with. Essentially, I am looking for a 'honey' like/golden finish.

What suggestions do you have for finishing? I will try to post pics of my furniture in the hopes that it will display ok.
          Attached Files

Comment

• PALefty
            Established Member
            • Feb 2006

anybody???

Comment

Working...