Which BS blade width best smoothest cut?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sacherjj
    Not Your Average Joe
    • Dec 2005
    • Indianapolis, IN, USA.
    • BT3100-1

I find that I am keeping my largest (re-saw sized) blade on my bandsaw almost all the time. The reason is that most cuts I do on the bandsaw are not curved. Tenons, shoulders, etc. I found this was the case with my 10" saw as well, but even more so, because a 3/8" blade can do more curves than my current 5/8" resaw blade.
    Joe Sacher

Comment

• DeanKC
      Forum Newbie
      • Dec 2006
      • KCMO

Originally posted by LCHIEN
      Suffolk machinery is a timberwolf supplier.

isn't "time and time again, i hear nothing but rave reviews about the Timber Wolf blades are the best bs bands"

the answer to your question "does anybody have any experience with these?"
      Suffolk is actually the creator of the Timber Wolf blades, not merely the supplier. The good news is that they sell directly to the public and at prices that are often half of even the best prices you can find elsewhere.

I've used a couple of different sizes of their blades on my 11" BS. LOVE THEM BLADES!!!

One rule of thumb that I vaguely remember from somewhere is that the trick is to keep no more than 3 teeth in the wood at one time. That rule primarily exists for long runs and hard use. If you're doing a lot of resawing of thick stock, yes, you want a wider blade, maybe 1/2 or 5/8, or even 3/4, only if your machine's manufacturer gives the okeydokey.

Timber Wolf blades work at a lower tension than most. That's a good thing. They are extremely well crafted, so there is precious little drift. That's a very good thing. No "tuning" needed. That's also a very good thing. Can't recommend them highly enough.

Hope it helps.

DeanKC

Comment

Working...