• Show
Clear All
  • lcm1947
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2004
    • Austin, Texas
    • BT 3100-1

Would the newer 12 volt 2.6AH battery fit

I have a 6 year old 12 volt Makita drill/driver that came with two 2.4 AH batteries. Does anybody know if I could use the newer 2.6 AH batteries in it? Their the my old and the newer ones are both 12 volt but not sure if it would hurt anything using the higher AH ones. And if I can use them do you suppose they would improve the performance of the drill/driver any or just last longer?
    May you die and go to heaven before the Devil knows you're dead. My Best, Mac
  • kdaustin
    Forum Newbie
    • Oct 2003
    • Emporia, KS, USA.

Assuming that they fit the drill the higher amp/hour rating should give you a little longer run time.

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by lcm1947
      I have a 6 year old 12 volt Makita drill/driver that came with two 2.4 AH batteries. Does anybody know if I could use the newer 2.6 AH batteries in it? Their the my old and the newer ones are both 12 volt but not sure if it would hurt anything using the higher AH ones. And if I can use them do you suppose they would improve the performance of the drill/driver any or just last longer?
      If the connector fits and the voltage is the same, the AH rating will not make a difference in any parameter except how long it runs on a charge.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• lcm1947
        Veteran Member
        • Sep 2004
        • Austin, Texas
        • BT 3100-1

Well, that's extremely good news then. Both these older batteries are not holding a charge like they used to so was worried I might have to buy another drill/driller but this one is still in very good shape ( other then the batteries ) so hated to junk it. I found some replacements for the rig but their not original Makita batteries so you never know what you're buying from some internet place that you never heard of. Yeah! very good news. Thanks so much guys.
        May you die and go to heaven before the Devil knows you're dead. My Best, Mac

Comment

• Tom Slick
          Veteran Member
          • May 2005
          • Paso Robles, Calif, USA.
          • sears BT3 clone

if the battery looks the same then it will work just fine.
          Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

Working...