X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mburdette
    Forum Newbie
    • Jul 2004
    • Little Rock

Before we moved, my shop was in the same room as the furnace and water heater (off the garage). No problems.

We lived in a small rental for 5 months and I had to keep my drill press and stationary sander in the damp garage. I've now got some surface rust that I'll have to deal with. Very disappointing.

Comment

• Tundra_Man
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2003
      • Sioux Falls, SD, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3100

Man, how big are your apartment balconies? The largest balcony I ever had was about 8 x 4 (and that's probably over-estimating!) I can't imagine trying to do any serious woodworking in that small of space. My hat's off to you.

I'd better not let my wife see this thread; I'll have a hard time getting her to keep listening to my moans about how small my shop is...
      Terry

Life's too short to play an ordinary guitar: Tundra Man Custom Guitars

Comment

• thrytis
        • May 2004
        • Concord, NC, USA.
        • Delta Unisaw

My balcony is slightly larger than that, about 9x5. It isn't quite as bad as if it was that size room inside, because two sides are mostly open. I do have these visions though when i rip a long board sticking over the edge of it kicking back off the balcony through a car windshield twenty feet below. [:0]

I generally just do the cutting, sanding, and other dirty work outside, then assemble in the kitchen or living room. I've been able to put together some decent sized things like this, though i'm not to the fine furniture level. It isn't the best setup, but it beats not woodworking.

My wife already knows that shop space is going to be one of the top priorites when we look for a house.
        Eric

Comment

• sscherin
          • Dec 2003
          • Kennewick, WA, USA.

If humidity in the closet is a real isue you might try keeping a Dri-Z-Air in there with the tools. They really do suck up the moisture

They work great inside cars and RV's in the NW..
          William's Law--
          There is no mechanical problem so difficult that it
          cannot be solved by brute strength and ignorance.

Comment

Working...