• Show
Clear All
  • Deadhead
    Established Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Maidens, Virginia, USA.
    • BT3100

quote:Originally posted by Derek C.

research has revealed that the Porter Cable 893 and the Bosch 1617 EVS multibase kits are the best.
    I have the 1617EVSPK as my first router and I'm very pleased with it. If I'd gotten the PC, I'd probably be equally as pleased with it.

I was going to point out that the Amazon kit include and awesome edge guide....but that doesn't appear to be the case anymore.

Before you take the plunge (no pun intended), take a look around at accessories for routers. In my opinion, more 3rd party accessories seem to be available for the PC than Bosch. Or maybe I'm just not looking at the right stores.

"Success is gettin' what you want; Happiness is wantin' what you get." - Brother Dave Gardner (1926-1983)

Comment

• Wood_workur
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2005
      • Ohio
      • Ryobi bt3100-1

I have the ryobi router/table combo I got for chricstmas, and the only thing I disklike is not having plunge ability, and the collet is only 1/4". Make sure you get a router with plungle ability, and a 1/2" collet. The standard base is great to leave in router table, then you don't have to unscrew the router every time you want to use it out of the table
      Alex

Comment

• jdschulteis
        Established Member
        • Mar 2003
        • Muskego, Wisconsin, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3100

I have no experience with other routers for comparison, but I'm another satisfied Bosch 1617 owner.
        Jerry

Comment

• Derek C.

Well thanks for all of your opinions...very helpful. I took the "plunge" and bought the new PC893 combo. I'm very happy. I reacently attended a router class and was able to compare it to other models and it seems I made the right choice for me. It does seem to have more after market accessories. I bought the edge guide however, I think I'm going to go out and buy one of the clamping aluminum edge guides.

Anyone have any experience with these?

Comment

Working...