• Show
Clear All
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

RV Projects

Other than some simple shelves, these are the first items checked off the new RV Honey-Do list. I like to drain the water out of the ice chest as it melts for good clear drinking water. This meant dragging it to the steps, sitting om the bottom step and draining to water into a pitcher. Kitten suggested a simple stand to hold the chest once we were parked. Simple? Anyone know what that word means? $10 a piece for legs vs $8 for 2x2x4' Poplar. Some lathe time and a piece of scrap Baltic Birch plywood.later. Add some Cherry stain coats until I had a close match to the woodwork in the coach then finish with 3 coats of Helmsman urethane.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ice Chest Stand.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	206.7 KB
ID:	853616

Name:	Ice Chest Stand 2.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	201.9 KB
ID:	853617

Next up was a pair of foot stools to use when sitting at the cockpit chairs and table or to put your feet up when you don't want to lean back the recliner. The specification was for the order went something like, "I'm going to add a cushion on top and a skirt around the sides to hide what is on the bottom shelf so it can be simple and plain. Just a rectangular top and some legs" Simple? Plain? Nope, ain't gonna happen, not in the Playpen. Figure out the right size oval for the top and bottom then back to the lathe and turn 8 more legs. Get on EBay to look for just the right casters SHMBO wants. Ahhh-1 5/8" NOS made in the USA Shepherd casters. Stain to match, seal with urethane and pass them off to her for the upholstery work.

Name:	Foot Stools.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	853614

Name:	Foot Stool Closeup.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	223.0 KB
ID:	853615

Back to the list to see what's next...

Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Great upgrades!
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...