• Show
Clear All
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

Rockler Sign for LOML

Well, I got around to making a sign for LOML. My first one, first time ever doing this. It wasn't that difficult and I learned a few tricks that should help me in the future. Tomorrow - Sunday (6th) is LOML's birthday, and this is one of her presents. She doesn't know about it yet, but our daughters have seen it (text message pictures) and suddenly I have been inundated with requests and I haven't even given the first one away yet.

This sign was done with the 1 1/2 inch letters. Used some cherry that I have had on hand for ages, at least 40 years. I have a Grizzly 9" thickness sander and used it to get it smooth on top. And I kinda "cheated" in painting the top with white letters. I sprayed the top with white and didn't bother to tape it off. Then ran it through the thickness sander a couple of times and took off the paint that was not in the letters. I did similar on the gold edge.

One adjustment that I will make for the future is make my on "colon" guide as the one in the photo is too far apart top to bottom.

Revelation 21:27 refers to "whose name is written in the Lamb's Book of Life".

Click image for larger version  Name:	Linda's Sign.png Views:	0 Size:	1.17 MB ID:	841535

OH, one spot that sticks out is the "A". The small island is a tad smaller than it should be, rather it should be 1/8" taller but the wood had a small crack in it and the "A" chipped at the crack.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by leehljp; 12-05-2020, 08:56 PM.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

BTW - I have the 2 1/4 inch sets also, and the 3 3/8ths on order.
    Hank Lee

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Looks really nice.

Flat bottomed bit?

Is the Cherry Naked or did you apply some clear coat?
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• leehljp
        Just me
        • Dec 2002
        • Tunica, MS
        • BT3000/3100

Router Bit: I forgot to write that in - 1/4 inch core box.

I applied clear lacquer -satin
        Hank Lee

Comment

Working...