• Show
Clear All
  • onedash
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2005
    • Maryland
    • Craftsman 22124

Plant stand

I started this over three years ago for my brother. Almost done with it. It was the hardest thing I ever did and that's why it took so long. I took it in to a shop to get the shelf dados cut on a CNC machine. Even my side panels were not cut even and they fixed that too. I definitely bit off more than I could chew and without the help it would have been a big waste of money on the wood. Then I dropped it flipping it over while staining it and put a gouge in the floor which is better than breaking this. The top should have had a hidden drawer and the top and bottom shelf were supposed to have tenons that went through and secured with wedges. I used pocket hole screws. Anyhow it just needs some poly and it's done. I don't know what I was thinking. I'll stick to 90 degree cuts from now on.
    YOU DONT HAVE TO TRAIN TO BE MISERABLE. YOU HAVE TO TRAIN TO ENDURE MISERY.
  • billwmeyer
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2003
    • Weir, Ks, USA.
    • BT3000

Angles make me tear out the little bit of hair that I have left! You figured it out and it looks great!
    "I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in."-Kenny Rogers

Comment

• capncarl
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007
      • Leesburg Georgia USA
      • SawStop CTS

I’ve made several boxes with angled sides similar to this design. The sides were angled dados and the back was straight dado. It was absolutely impossible to make the back straight dado line up with the side angled dado! Not enough plywood at Lowe’s. You did well getting it to this point and was probably wise to scrap the hidden drawer idea. Thru cutting the sides into the dado with dowels or dominos would have been a nice touch and wouldn’t have been so hard.
      Looks good, don’t forget to sign and date your work.
      capncarl

Comment

Working...