X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chadwilliam1
    Handtools only
    • Dec 2016

Ultimate mitre saw station

I moved about two years ago and at my last house I replaced just about every piece of trim over the 10 years I lived there. I had a really nice mitre saw station but I attached it to the house so I left it when I moved.

I finally got around to building this design from wood wrokers journal. I made a few changes and I plan to add more drawers but I am proud of it and I wanted to share.

Thanks for looking.
    Take a closer look at the Ultimate Miter Saw Station project. This plan has all the best miter saw stand features. We show you how to build it.

Sent from my HTC 10
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Chadwilliam1; 02-03-2017, 05:02 PM.
  • poolhound
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2006
    • Phoenix, AZ
    • BT3100

is there supposed to be a photo?
    Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
    techzibits.com

Comment

• Chadwilliam1
      Handtools only
      • Dec 2016

I dunno it shows a photo for me.

Sent from my HTC 10

Attached Files

Comment

• cwsmith
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2005
        • NY Southern Tier, USA.
        • BT3100-1

Shows a photo (thumb, just click on it) for me too.

I can see why you're proud of it, nice job. All that extra storage space is great.

The T-track along the fence is a nice addition. I use something similar on my RAS, though I made my own stop. I've only got the track on the right side though at the moment. Once I move it to the new shed, I'll be putting the T-track on both sides, similar to yours.

You might consider putting those self-stick measuring tapes on the side of your T-track as it makes the overall cutting process just that much easier, without having to constantly measure.

Nice job,

CWS
        Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• Chadwilliam1
          Handtools only
          • Dec 2016

I actually saved the fence from my old mitre stand and I removed the adhesive tape measure which was a 1 inch tall strip of aluminum with a 3/4 talk tape on it with slots in it to adjust it.

I wanted to see how this work first but I quickly noticed that the way these stops work the tape on top would not work for the face.

Thanks

Sent from my HTC 10

Comment

• atgcpaul
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 2003
            • Maryland
            • Grizzly 1023SLX

That's a nice setup.

Comment

• Chadwilliam1
              Handtools only
              • Dec 2016

The box under the saw is adjustable there are knobs inside the bottom cabinet that allow it to slide back and forth. Where is sits no is as far back as I could have it and still hit 45 degrees on each side. I rarely cut past 45 but If I need to I can slide it forward no problem.

Take a closer look at the Ultimate Miter Saw Station project. This plan has all the best miter saw stand features. We show you how to build it.

Comment

• tfischer
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 2003
                • Plymouth (Minneapolis), MN, USA.
                • BT3100

That's a really nice setup. Makes me jealous, lol. I love my SCMS (Hitachi C12RSH, new last spring) but it's on a tiny stand between a door and my drill press. When I cut something long I have to pull the whole stand forward and balance the board. Someday I'm going to figure out how to retrofit extendable supports onto it, sort of like the Dewalt portable stand has.

Comment

• JimD
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 2003
                  • Lexington, SC.

Looks nice. Mine is somewhat similar but not mobile. It is built on long cabinets with drawers below. The cabinet is 7 inches below the desired height and then my RAS and CMS are shimed up with scrap pieces cut to the necessary width. On one side is my router table, the same height as the saws tables so it supports wood on that side. On the other side is about an 7 foot dual layer work surface modeled after a Ron Paulk workbench. It has a wooden track for a flush sliding stops built from Paulk's total workstation design. I can detach the 7 foot worksurface to use portably but I haven't done it. I would need to make up some sawhorses to support it.

Comment

Working...