• Show
Clear All
  • capncarl
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Leesburg Georgia USA
    • SawStop CTS

Tiny Table III #2

After fighting my way through the first 3 crooked, warped and cupped Black Gum Tupelo boards I finally milled out enough scantlins to cobble together a couple of tables from these beautiful boards. The legs are 1 1/4 X 1 1/4" X 36" long and consist of a glued up stack of 3 thin strips, and they still warped some! The shelves are 3/16" thick pieces glued up as well. This wood is amazing, you can glue up a square leg and when you saw off the side for a taper the cut off piece curls up like you did it with a plane, compared to pine or cherry that retains the same wedge shape. The wood has lots of character, it looks like a feather in some places, eyeballs in other places and burls in others. I'll see how long this one stays on the floor when I deliver it next week.
    capncarl
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	800969
  • Two Much
    Established Member
    • Mar 2003
    • Long Island, NY
    • (two) Ryobe BT-3's

Very nice, I like the design. I'm partial to slim leg designs on tables.
    where is table # one?

Comment

• leehljp
      Just me
      • Dec 2002
      • Tunica, MS
      • BT3000/3100

VERY nice! I can see parts that look like "feather" grain but not able to see the eyeball parts. I love it when interesting "grain" patterns enhance the effects. I love the delicate look. My wife would love to have one of these!
      Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

Working...