Not exactly a wood project, but the Lumber Wagon is done!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Not exactly a wood project, but the Lumber Wagon is done!

I am so relieved right now that this multi month nightmare of a project is done. Just being able to get the time to tackle it has been a chore in itself...

To recap what was done...

I pulled the transmission and transfer case from my truck, replaced the pump main oil seal, gasket and O ring, replaced the vent line, as well as added coil spring boosters, serviced the tranny and transfer case, added a service drain plug with the female part welded into the tranny pan, and swapped the fuel filter.

I need to finish off the work I started by changing the oil and oil filter, lube the front suspension (which was not possible with the factory setup), and service the power steering, flush & fill brake fluid, gear oil in both differentials, swap the serpentine belt, and swap out new radiator hoses / flush and fill the cooling system.

When I had it apart, we noted that I had multiple fluid leaks, the biggest one was not the pump seal, which was leaking, but rather from the breather on top of the transmission. The front pump oil seal could have likely gone on that way easily for another 100K miles before it became a problem. But the vent leaked fluids over, down, and then through the breathers into the bell housing making it look like a front pump seal problem...

I drove her home last night, and we took the truck to work this morning. I have a minor adjustment to make in clearance between the front drive shaft and the heat shield, but it's nothing major...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
Working...