X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cochese
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2010

Planer cart 2.0

I made this several months ago with the dual purpose of holding my storage containers. Unfortunately a measurement got lost in translation and the width was just a hair too narrow. I then went and routed a dado in the sides for the containers to slide into. Then the sides started bowing out. So, I knew that I would have to redo it eventually and decided to do it this weekend and have it done.

This one turned out much, much better. I put a divider in the middle to better handle the 77# planer and not have anything bow. This also solved another problem, wasted space, as on the other side I can now store all my sandpaper. On this side also is room for a short drawer up top to hold either the sanders or tool wrenches, etc. Probably put a door on this side, and cut semicircles on the other side shelves for easier handle access.

Didn't gain much by redoing it, aside from making me happier. Used up some scrap, so I'm happy. Rock solid now as well.

And my assistant.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    I have a little blog about my shop
  • tommyt654
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2008

Nice job Chris, cute kid too.Is he the only 1 or the only 1 allowed?,

Comment

• Cochese
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 2010

The girls were off at a craft show, or they would have wanted in on the action too.

Comment

• Pappy
        The Full Monte
        • Dec 2002
        • San Marcos, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 (x2)

Looks good. Considering the amount of chips the DC invaribly misses and the vibration a planer can hav, I would consider doors on both sides to keep everythin in its place and clean.
        Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
        Fools because they have to say something.
        Plato

Comment

• Cochese
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 2010

Yup, probably will start looking at that this afternoon. Wanted to do Euro hinges on both sides, but not sure I have the clearance on the container side to get a bin out.

Comment

Working...