• Show
Clear All
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

Originally posted by greenacres2
    Wow...it feels good to use "hypotenuse" in a sentence!!

earl
    +1. It sure does. I used it about a week ago.

Comment

• protool
      Forum Newbie
      • Jul 2003
      • Austin, TX, USA.
      • BT3000

Thank you all for the great suggestions.

I too want to use hypotenuse in a post -- so i will: I created a support which acts as an adjustable hypotenuse and is anchored to the saw rather than the floor. Initially, I discounted the comment from @LCHIEN about tripping over the floor stand. However, after seeing it completed, he's completely correct -- the outfeed NEEDS to be referenced to the saw... not the floor. The result is enormously more intelligent and frees up a lot of space on the floor. Also, you can roll the saw wherever you please without worrying about the stand for the outfeed table.

I also followed the direction from @cabinetman regarding the edge of the table. I used a 1/2" roundover and then hit that edge with the sander to give a little bit smoother approach. Hopefully, with this new edge and the fact that it is about 1/16" under the height of the tablesaw, nothing will hang up.

<><><><><><><><>
      David Cox
      Austin, Texas
      http://davidcox.org/wood/

Comment

• RMCWoodWorks
        Forum Newbie
        • Dec 2010

Looks great!

Second saw ... there might some merit in having a duplicate for the second saw as opposed to a single longer one, don't know.

Space ... maybe hinge down? ... but couldn't do with the extended angle mentioned.

Tripping ... maybe diagonal brace back to the bottom of the saw framework to keep away from the far edge?

Very nice ... !!

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

I like giving you suggestions - instant feedback! Looks like da bomb,man. (cool).

I like the tongue and groove in the support beam, too.
          Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...