• Show
Clear All
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

Originally posted by chopnhack
    I haven't forgotten your advice, C-man :-) There is a certain wow factor that some clients will have when you come in with large handmade tools. A mark of a craftsman -
    Do shop made installation devices intrigue the clients...yes they do. Over the years I had made several types of carriers for tools. The first was when I got a contract for the fabrication and installation of vanities in strip malls, where the cabinets were all the same, just rights and lefts. There may be 10-20 or more locations at the site requiring to drop a cabinet, and move the tools.

So, I made a tool rack that clamped on a hand truck. It worked very well, and there were times and places that a dolly would not have worked. A very cool book, that you would really like (you probably already have it) is The Toolbox Book.

Comment

• chopnhack
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 2006
      • Florida
      • Ryobi BT3100

Thanks for the recommendation! I think I have heard of it iirc I tried yo get it from the library and never heard from them.... I'll try again, thanks
      I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• LinuxRandal
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2005
        • Independence, MO, USA.
        • bt3100

Originally posted by cabinetman
        That's pretty darn cool. I needed that when I did my roof 22 squares.

Look around YouTube, and you will find plenty of ideas that you might combine for other projects. For example, other designs on there included ones that used a child's wagon and a block and tackle, while the wagon wheels ride the outside of a frame. Also several that use a HF electric winch. I try to use YouTube for inspiration when I can. I am not smart enough to know it all by myself.
        She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• gsmittle
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 2004
          • St. Louis, MO, USA.
          • BT 3100

Originally posted by LinuxRandal
          I am not smart enough to know it all by myself.
          That's because you're not a teenager…

g.
          Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
          Bill & Ted

Comment

• Crockett
            Established Member
            • Mar 2003
            • Buffalo, NY, USA.
            • BT3100

That is one cool extra set of hands! The fact that it doesn't complain either is a real bonus. Nice Job!!
            Al
            Al

Comment

Working...