• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pelligrini
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • Fort Worth, TX
    • Craftsman 21829

When I did my flip top I never intended on mounting a second tool on the other side. It was mainly to save me from lifting that 90lbs planer ever again and to use the flat top as another work surface. Other lighter bench tools get transfered to the top. I still end up using my B&D workmate most of the time though.

A vertical rack with the mobile base that would slide in at the bottom would be a good use of space.
    Erik

Comment

• catta12
      Established Member
      • Jan 2008
      • Reno, NV
      • BTS20R

Originally posted by dbhost
      Not a bad thought, but I was hoping to get more use out of the floor space than even a flip top stand would afford...
      I think a good option to store many bench tools is to build a rack like Alex Franke's http://www.bt3central.com/showthread.php?t=38596 and then also have a base like mine to swap them out onto for use. You could also build a flip top like pelligrini's or poolhound's that will also take another bench tool when the planer is upside down.

Or you have to get a bigger shop.
      If you can read this you assembled wrong.

Alan

Comment

• poolhound
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2006
        • Phoenix, AZ
        • BT3100

Originally posted by dbhost
        Not a bad thought, but I was hoping to get more use out of the floor space than even a flip top stand would afford...
        Difficult to do without going seriously veritical. Much like Pelligrini I built mine to save lifting the beast and also to create another work surface. My CMS sits on top of it right now when the planer is not in use.

Nearly all the vertical space in my shop is taken with other storage. General racking and for lumber etc. Going vertical helps with the floor space but unless you have a forklift I wouldn't want to be lifting anything heavy down from much above 4' its bad enough with some of the long 8/4 boards I have stored up there.
        Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
        techzibits.com

Comment

Working...