really great work Dave, and fast! you should hire out
    I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• Salty
      • Feb 2006
      • Akron, Ohio

Looks fantastic to me.
      Great color choices and blending.

I was literally amazed the other day when in the blue box store. They had an 18" vanity base for $250. That was marked down even. Not anything classy or special. The raised panel single door was not raised on the back like mine are and there was no top, just the base.
      Maybe even I could make some money at this!

Naw, just kidding.
      Why doesn't the word 'planing' show up in my computer spell check?

Comment

• DaveS
        • May 2003
        • Minneapolis,MN

Thanks for all the great comments guys.

The main reason is went so fast was that I used pocket screws for all the joints, including the face frame.

It almost felt like cheating.

The drawers are just rabbited, no dovetails or anything fancy. Drawer fronts are screwed to the front of the drawer boxes.

Also, all the panels are just 1/4" plywood - so, no time spent gluing up panels, and raising them.

In addition, when I was cutting all the pieces, and running all the drawer cuts (rabbits, dados, etc), I had my buddy catching and handing. It made it go a lot quicker.

I didn't count all the time I spent getting materials, or doing the design. I suppose I spent too much time on all of that. As I do this more, I am sure it will get quicker.

Comment

• ironhat
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 2004
          • Chambersburg, PA (South-central).
          • Ridgid 3650 (can I still play here?)

Ditto what Pappy said about the bench and the cubbies. And your comment about not knowing what you were doing. Really?! That kitchen says otherwise- LOL!! Nice work.
          Blessings,
          Chiz

Comment

• Woodshark
            Established Member
            • May 2006
            • Atlanta

I was thinking... in a weekend? WOW. I built a two door, three drawer vanity and it took me at least 5 days. Big learning curve.

Needless to say, I don't think I'm going to start building cabinets for a living.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...