• Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

Beautiful!
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato

Comment

• os1kne
      • Jan 2003
      • Atlanta, GA
      • BT3100

Good job! +++
      Bill

Comment

• jhart
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2004
        • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
        • BT3100

Beautiful and well laid out Brian. May steal some of the features for one I am thinking about building.

I currently have a small cabinet with a couple of drawers that I use for my router bits, having drilled holes in a piece of wood to hold both the 1/4" and 1/2" shanks. Then I used my computer to copy pictures of each of the bits, with their footprints and labeled each and printed it out on 8.5 X 11 sheets which I keep in a plastic sheet protector in each drawer. Sheet lets me see what bit is where very easily. Used Excel to set it up.
        Joe
        "All things are difficult before they are easy"

Comment

• Mr__Bill
          Veteran Member
          • May 2007
          • Tacoma, WA
          • BT3000

Originally posted by jhart
          Then I used my computer to copy pictures of each of the bits, with their footprints and labeled each and printed it out on 8.5 X 11 sheets which I keep in a plastic sheet protector in each drawer. Sheet lets me see what bit is where very easily. Used Excel to set it up.
          That's a good idea. It would also save me pulling a bit out, holding it up to the light and visualizing how the cut would look.

Bill

Comment

• Brian G
            • Jun 2003
            • Bloomington, Minnesota.
            • G0899

Thanks for all of the comments.

Bill, yours is a good question. My only consideration for figuring out a fence modification, for which I have several ideas, is for the rare times I'm routing long stock. Most of the time, stock will be less than the distance from the bit to the wall (20"). I find being behind and to the left of the line of cut/routing to be most comfortable. That's partly why I put the paddle switch on the left front. I can slap it with my knee.

jackellis, The ASTM 3034 (Schedule 35) sewer and drain is available at the big boxes around here. The wall is a little thicker than the typical 2729 sewer and drain. That allows standard 4" dust collection fittings to slip snugly inside the 3034. The main trunk of my DC system is the 3034, with DC hose connecting the tools to the trunk. I have the HF DC with a Wynn filter. I have no qualms about using plastic over metal. My wallet appreciates it, too.

Steve, that broom in the picture isn't just for lookin' at. I make dust, for sure.

Thanks again for the comments.
            Brian

Comment

• drillman88
              • Dec 2007
              • Southeast
              • Delta Platinum Edition Contractor Saw

Nice work Brian!!!!!!!
              should serve you well for a very long time.
              I think therefore I .....awwww where is that remote.

Comment

• John Hunter
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2004
                • Lake Station, IN, USA.
                • BT3000 & BT3100

Beautiful! Very nice.
                John Hunter

Comment

• hermit
                  Established Member
                  • Dec 2002
                  • Somerset, PA, USA.

VERY cool table. Seems like you thought of everything. I think you surpassed me on labeling things with those router bits though! Now I hate to look at my homemade benchtop table! Your shop looks pretty good too!!

Todd

Comment

Working...