Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SARGE..g-47

Very nice Tom, even though I do believe I commented that already in another galaxy.

Well done...

Sarge..

Comment

• chopnhack
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 2006
      • Florida
      • Ryobi BT3100

Cool Tom, interesting to use leather with the wood work.
      I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• lrogers
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Mobile, AL. USA.
        • BT3000

Looks like pretty darn professional work to me Tom! Keep on posting, I look forward to seeing what comes out of your shop next.
        Larry R. Rogers
        The Samurai Wood Butcher
        http://splash54.multiply.com
        http://community.webshots.com/user/splash54

Comment

• warrenp
          Established Member
          • Mar 2004
          • Kentucky, USA.

Well done...and the finish looks great.

Comment

• dbhost
            Slow and steady
            • Apr 2008
            • League City, Texas
            • Ryobi BT3100

So I am still unsure, is the top actually leather or is it a leather textured laminate like Formica? All in all it looks great! Clean and simple lines, I noticed your post further down with the other pieces. I like the lower shelf on the others as well. Very nice for storage. You mentioned a Tape Deck though, that must have been done a long time ago, my cheap self finally got into CDs in 1995, and that was after I couldn't find my favorite band's new releases on cassette tape...
            Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Tom Clark
              Forum Newbie
              • Jul 2007
              • Deming, NM
              • Powermatic 66 w/48" sliding table

Originally posted by dbhost
              So I am still unsure, is the top actually leather or is it a leather textured laminate like Formica? All in all it looks great! Clean and simple lines, I noticed your post further down with the other pieces. I like the lower shelf on the others as well. Very nice for storage. You mentioned a Tape Deck though, that must have been done a long time ago, my cheap self finally got into CDs in 1995, and that was after I couldn't find my favorite band's new releases on cassette tape...
              FORMICA: But is sure looks like leather. (In the first post: "The top is 3/4 ply laminated with leather finished Formica.")
              I had a small piece left over from building the first three tables, and you are right, it was 15-18 years ago. The formica looks like new after all these years.

What are CDs? I guess those are the things IPods have replaced…

Comment

• dbhost
                Slow and steady
                • Apr 2008
                • League City, Texas
                • Ryobi BT3100

LOL, I have yet to get an ipod... I have a Sony Ericsson Walkman slider phone with a 16GB memory card instead. One less thing to carry... A friend of mine has an iPhone and the mp3 playback on that is great!
                Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...