Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SARGE..g-47

Again.. very nice and congrats to your buddy. But.. for the life of me, I can't figure out what the label insignia is? Duh... I even got a magnification glass to try for a close-up.. but it only distorted it. Used to be that rank was worn where the insignia is located. But.. lots of things fall under used to be.

So.. what is it before I lose another nights sleep and more hair. he....

Comment

• Duff
      Established Member
      • Apr 2007
      • San Antonio, TX
      • Enco 12" RT

not quite sure what your asking Sarge. Zoom in on the area you're asking about and I'll explain. Thanks

D
      Enco 12" RT table saw(with router table currently added to right wing), Central Machinary 6" jointer, Delta 16" (17-900) drill press, Ridgid 14" bandsaw, Jet bench top Mortising machine, Porter Cable 6901 series routers (2) and a wide variety of Ryobi 18v tools.

Comment

• ironhat
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2004
        • Chambersburg, PA (South-central).
        • Ridgid 3650 (can I still play here?)

Boy, it sure is even more striking once you got all of the medals and ribbons into it. What was the jointery used to connect the flag portion to the shadow box for the medals, etc? And, I believe that Sarge is talking about the lapel insignias at the collar points.
        Blessings,
        Chiz

Comment

• Duff
          Established Member
          • Apr 2007
          • San Antonio, TX
          • Enco 12" RT

The joinery isn't anything. I cut the ends to 45' and used 2 2" drywall screws on each side to hold it down. The holes were countersunk.
          The collar devices are 'fouled anchors' with "USN" superimposed as in the middle of the shadowbox. It's the designator for a Navy Chief Petty Officer.
          Enco 12" RT table saw(with router table currently added to right wing), Central Machinary 6" jointer, Delta 16" (17-900) drill press, Ridgid 14" bandsaw, Jet bench top Mortising machine, Porter Cable 6901 series routers (2) and a wide variety of Ryobi 18v tools.

Comment

• 9johnny5
            Established Member
            • Mar 2005
            • Orange Park, FL
            • BT3100

Duff -

Having seen a shadowbox or two in my time, that one is certainly one to be proud of. It's awesome when a member of The Mess is talented enough to build the shadowbox for a shipmate going ashore, it adds so much to it knowing the man that built it for you.

Keep up the good work, bro...it's worthy of admiration!

Johnny C.
            FCC(SW), USN (ret.)
            initiated in 1995
            not exactly Norm...al

Comment

Working...