• Show
Clear All
  • ragswl4
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Winchester, Ca
    • C-Man 22114

Originally posted by paulstenlund
    That is a really beautiful finish. I'm guessing that hydrocoat (sp) resisthane? I have the same HF Hvlp sprayer what was the tip?? I can't find it in this thread. Also, did you thin it and if so with what

Thanks Rags
    Paul
    The exact product name is Hydrocote Resisthane Plus (Satin in my case). The tip used is the one with the largest hole. There is no guidance in the manual about the different size nozzles so I just went with the on that was already installed and guess I lucked out. I did not thin the Resisthane although you can if you need to. Water is the thinner.
    RAGS
    Raggy and Me in San Felipe
    sigpic

Comment

• paulstenlund
      Established Member
      • Feb 2004
      • Puget Island, Wa.

Thanks Rags, I've only sprayed latex and I thinned it to the thickness of water b4 it sprayed right, bet I had a small tip didn't know about the different sizes - can't wait to try the Resisthane

Comment

• ssmith1627
        • Dec 2005
        • Corryton, TN, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3100

They really are gorgeous and very well made. I agree with you -- the finish is the scary part for me. Put all that work into something with the possibility of ruining it there at the end -- whew ! But you've done great on the construction and on the finish.

Can we see the cabinets too ??

Steve

Comment

• ragswl4
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2007
          • Winchester, Ca
          • C-Man 22114

Originally posted by ssmith1627
          They really are gorgeous and very well made. I agree with you -- the finish is the scary part for me. Put all that work into something with the possibility of ruining it there at the end -- whew ! But you've done great on the construction and on the finish.

Can we see the cabinets too ??

Steve
          Thanks.

Believe it or not the house that these are going in has not yet started construction. I have built some of the carcases, face frames and these doors but now I am struggling with:

Do I install the frames and the doors on the cabinets?
          Do I just store the parts and wait for the house to be ready?
          or ???

Thing is I'm building the house also (our dream home). We just this week selected a contractor to do the foundation. So its going to be a while before its ready for the cabinets.
          RAGS
          sigpic

Comment

• ssmith1627
            • Dec 2005
            • Corryton, TN, USA.
            • Ryobi BT3100

Wow, you've bitten off quite a bit then ! Let us know how things go for you. Very exciting stuff -- a million steps to get from here to there but will be amazing to have had such an intimate role in building your new home. Good luck to you.

Steve

Comment

• mschrank
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 2004
              • Hood River, OR, USA.
              • BT3000

Originally posted by ragswl4
              Thanks.

Do I install the frames and the doors on the cabinets?
              Do I just store the parts and wait for the house to be ready?
              or ???
              I would install the face frames to help keep the boxes stout and square during transport, but leave the doors off to make moving and installation easier.
              Mike

Drywall screws are not wood screws

Comment

• ragswl4
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2007
                • Winchester, Ca
                • C-Man 22114

Originally posted by mschrank
                I would install the face frames to help keep the boxes stout and square during transport, but leave the doors off to make moving and installation easier.

Sounds like good advice. I really want to protect the doors. Carcases and face frames are easy to build but not the doors.
                RAGS
                sigpic

Comment

Working...