Clamp Cabinet - Shop Time is a Wonderful Thing!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GPA61
    • Sep 2004
    • Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    • BT 3100 & JET JWTS

Very nice.
    Claudio

Comment

• greencat
      Established Member
      • Dec 2005
      • Grand Haven Mi

Very nice job - I wish I just had shop time!
      Thanks again,
      Mike

Comment

• bthere
        Established Member
        • Jan 2007
        • Alpharetta, GA

Originally posted by Jay Keller
        seems like inefficient use of the space. Also having to adjust the clamps to hang them is big waste of time.

It looks nice and works well for him. Please describe a better setup for us, and, even better, post pictures. We are all looking for ways to improve our shops and techniques.

Comment

• John Hunter
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2004
          • Lake Station, IN, USA.
          • BT3000 & BT3100

Very nice.
          John Hunter

Comment

• smc331
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2003
            • Charlotte, NC, USA.
            • BT3100

Some clarification on the design and layout:

As you can see in the pictures, this area is partially obstructed by the garage door roller tracks - due to size and design constraints when I built my shop, there is only a 12" deep space that is clear of the tracks. As I didn't want a shop cabinet protruding into the garage door opening, I went with a 12" cabinet depth. The height and width were dictated by both raw material size and the available space in this area. I wanted both "storage" and "display" - and I achieved that - I can actually store and display - with very easy access - far more clamps than I currently have!

The majority of my clamps are "F-body" clamps with quick release clutches - so adjusting them prior to storage is easy and keeps things neat.

Last edited by smc331; 06-26-2007, 03:47 PM. Reason: housecleaning
            Scott

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -- Frank Zappa

http://macbournes.com

Comment

• Kerf
              Established Member
              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by cgallery
              Very nice. I like the jatoba against the birch! A LOT!
              Me too, It looks really neat.

Good Job Scott
              Nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that! -Rocky Balboa-

Comment

Working...